ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Should i go for Immigration Advisor's Service for Tier -1 Ex

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kotha_001
Newly Registered

Should i go for Immigration Advisor's Service for Tier -1 Ex

Post by kotha_001 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:15 pm

I am planning to apply for extension of UK General Tier-1 Visa in Jan, 2012.

Befor that i am thinking to go for Registered UK Immigration advisors service (OISC)to ensure my application and documents are correct, but they are charging £500.

Whether should i go for it or not? Will it be helpful?
My case looks straigt forward, i am meeting exactly 75 points (Plus 20 pints) for extension.

Please give me your valuable suggestions whether should i go for Immigration advisor service or not? Is there any benefit if i go for it before applying Extension?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: Should i go for Immigration Advisor's Service for Tier -

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:04 pm

kotha_001 wrote:Whether should i go for it or not? Will it be helpful?
Yes, of course it would be helpful. However, if you know the rules you can apply yourself.

kotha_001
Newly Registered

Post by kotha_001 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:10 pm

Thank you for your reply.

What they said is they will give one covering letter saying about my case.

So will that letter would be helpful?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:30 pm

A letter explaining something that is not obvious may help but I would hope that you are not paying for only a letter; you should be paying for advice and assistance with the preparation of the appropriate paperwork for the category under which you are applying. A letter will not blow pixie dust into the eyes of the caseworker and make him view application that is lacking in some capacity appear to be otherwise.

It's really about comparing your own understanding of the rules and requirements weighed against those of someone who does this sort of thing every day in a professional capacity. Unless you are really sure of your own understanding it's always better to get professional assistance. How much is you life in the UK worth to you personally?

kotha_001
Newly Registered

Post by kotha_001 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:00 pm

Once again thanks for prompt reply.

Yeah, you are abosultely correcty. I just want to go for 2nd person opinion about my application, documents who does this sort of job regularly and professionally. So that i can get confirmation that i can meet the points and applying in right way.

And as you mentioned, they provide advise and further assistance about my application, evidence documents, etc.

I think i should go for it, so that i can apply for extension with free of mind and also i may know if i do any mistakes before application.

ajf773

Post by ajf773 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:21 pm

You'll get nothing valuable out of it other than assurance your documents are true and valid for the application. You don't need this service though because the UKBA is very clear on what documents are required and it's up to you to follow their guidelines. My personal opinion paying another half times the already expensive Tier 1 application fee of £1000 is an absurd waste of money

kotha_001
Newly Registered

Post by kotha_001 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:15 am

Thanks AJF773 for your reply to my query.

Have you ever taken this service before? Yeah, even i was in bit doubt whether should i pay that much money for this service or not? And will that be benificial or not?...

ankitv

Post by ankitv » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:12 am

kotha_001,

I applied my first tier 1 application using such agency. They charged me as much as the application fees. My case was a bit complicated, maintanence funds in multiple accounts, salaries from different sources, different countries, so had a lot of work to do to present my case.

If your case is simple and straight forward, you may apply on your own. I did it for Tier 1 extension, this forum has been of absolute help and there are loads of information on Tier 1 in stickies.

kotha_001
Newly Registered

Post by kotha_001 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:27 pm

Thanks ankitv for your reply.

If you already got Tier -1 extension, i have got a doubt about points for Experience and earnings.
My total earnings for last 1 year is 22K, but i was paid 17 k in my 1st company where i did work around 5 months. and then my current package is 22K and i also did some overtime work. So overall earnings for last 1 year is 22.5 k.

As per immigration rules, i can get 5 points for experience if my earnings are min 16K for last 1 year. Is that true? If so, what document do i need to show with my applcaition?.

And also, on one of pay slips, my name was spelled wrongly ( only 1 letter). Will that be problem? in that case what should i do?

Please help me guys ? if i can get rid of these doubts, i wont go for any agency or immigration service...

ankitv

Post by ankitv » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:03 pm

As per immigration rules, i can get 5 points for experience if my earnings are min 16K for last 1 year. Is that true?
Guidance notes states
If £16,000 or more of the previous earnings for which points are claimed were earned in the UK, then 5 points
If so, what document do i need to show with my applcaition?.
Your UK Payslips would support UK experience.
And also, on one of pay slips, my name was spelled wrongly ( only 1 letter). Will that be problem? in that case what should i do?
If I were you, I would either get a duplicate payslip (signed and stamped) from my employer.

ankitv

Post by ankitv » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:07 pm

Apologies to assume your intial Tier 1 issue date here.

Guidance notes states:
Applications for leave to remain where the applicant has, or last had, leave as a Highly Skilled Migrant, as a Writer, Composer or Artist, Self-employed Lawyer, or as a Tier 1 (General) Migrant under the rules in place before 6 April 2010 and has not been granted leave in any category other than these since 6 April 2010, then If £16,000 or more of the previous earnings for which points are claimed were earned in the UK, applicant can claim 5 points

All other application for leave to remain

you need to have £25,000 earned in the UK to claim 5 points

kotha_001
Newly Registered

Post by kotha_001 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:36 am

Once again thanks a lot ankitv for your help and advises.

Yeah, i got my initial Visa on 18th Feb , 2009, i,e. i can get 5 points for experience if my earnings are 16k or more...