ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

evidence to prove contact is still exsiting with my chid

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alooma2
Newly Registered

evidence to prove contact is still exsiting with my chid

Post by alooma2 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:52 am

Hello guys,pls I need some urgent advice,as I have only got 1week to prove to ukba that am still having contact with my child.I have sent every necessary document required for leave to remain to exercise access of my son.on the 10th of October I received a letter from a case work requiring me send Evidence of ORIGINAL DOCUMENT to prove I am still having contact with my son.
Now this is confusing to me because I don't have any documented evidence to prove this,apart from the contact order which I have sent to them before.As far as am aware,my contact with my child is not a supervised one,so I realy don't know which document to send.please guys help me with any reasonable suggestions,as I have only got 1week to reply to ukba.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:49 am

Can the child's other parent provide a letter to say contact is still ongoing? Have you provided photographs of you with your child? Does anyone else see you with your child who could provide a letter-e.g. Friends or family?

alooma2
Newly Registered

Post by alooma2 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:08 am

Thanks for your reply guru,I have asked my else for a letter but she's not willing to assist,no I did not include any photo of me and my child,but have got lots of that.yes I got friends who can write letter.but the problem is that,the letter states that they require ORIGINAL DOCUMENT as prove.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:06 pm

then just make sure you send original photos and original letters from friends...

alooma2
Newly Registered

Post by alooma2 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:13 pm

Thanks again mate,I was also thinking of asking my sons nursery for a his school report and covering letter explaining his progress in nursery.also I wanted to ask CSA for covering letter aswell detailing my contribution for his up keep and also attached a receipt for presents I bought him for his birthday last month.pls guys help me,I need your advice,pls....

alooma2
Newly Registered

Post by alooma2 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:15 pm

Pls guys,I need some advice on this pls....some one help me and my son,pls.....

alooma2
Newly Registered

Post by alooma2 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:12 pm

Guys pls,anyone ,some advice,pls...

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:24 pm

alooma2 wrote:Thanks again mate,I was also thinking of asking my sons nursery for a his school report and covering letter explaining his progress in nursery.also I wanted to ask CSA for covering letter aswell detailing my contribution for his up keep and also attached a receipt for presents I bought him for his birthday last month.pls guys help me,I need your advice,pls....
do you pick your child up from nursery and do you attend any parent's evenings they have? If so then ask them to include this in the letter - just the fact he is going to the nursey doesn't really help - they want to know about your contact with him.

they are not asking for evidence you are maintaining your child or that you buy him presents, but that you are still having contact. These documents won't harm your application but you do need to try to focus on documents that prove what they are actually asking you for - evidence of contact.

P.S. Please do be patient - if you want urgent advice then seek this from a solicitor or immigraiton adviser -people give their time here for free and therefore will only respond if they are able to and in their own time.

alooma2
Newly Registered

Post by alooma2 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:31 pm

Thanks greenie,thanks for your reply again.but I still do not have any official document to prove that contact is still existing with my son,simply because my contact with him is not a supervised one.so my question still remains,how do I prove it apart from photographs of us togeter?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:41 pm

There is nothing official you can provide. Just provide what you can as already suggested. Did they ask for official documents or just original documents?

alooma2
Newly Registered

Post by alooma2 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:24 pm

They asked for original,document,which I do not have.put yourself in my shoes for a minute and tell me what ORIGINAL document you will produce to prove that you are still having contact with your child,when you have contact order that's not supervised???

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:37 pm

Original = not a copy. Original does not mean 'official'.

I have given you a number of suggestions - photographs, letters from friends/family, letter from your ex (which you can't get), letter from nursery in particular if you pick the child up). They just want original documents, not photocopies. They are not saying they want an official document from a contact supervisor for example as clearly it is impossible for you to provide this. They just want you to provide evidence that the contact order is still in force which you can do as I have suggested.

I appreciate that you are worried but I have replied to you numerous times with my interpretation of what they are asking for. Perhaps you should seek advice from a solicitor because we seem to be going around in circles here.

They are not requesting official documents, just original documents, official and original are not the same and you seem to be mixing the two.

alooma2
Newly Registered

LEAVE TO REMAINE APPROVED FOR 12MONTHS!!!!!!!

Post by alooma2 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:16 pm

Hello greenie,i want to thank u and this forum for your advice on my application to exercise access to my child.
I have just received my documents and passport back from ukba,endorsed with a 12months limited leave to remaine in the uk.Am so happy,because i can now relax knowing am not going to loose my son.this is the break down of my of my application process;
24/08/2011
Application for leave to remaine to exercise access right to my child was made.

Document submited
1 Contact order and childs birth certificate
2 passport
3 electricity and councile tax bill
4 Tenancy Agreement
5 6months bank stament showing evidence of child support and wages.
6 p60 and statement of earnings (Am self employed)

25/08/2011

my account was debited of 550pounds by UKBA(they dont waste time,do they???)

29/08/2011

ACKNOLEDGEMENT LETTER RECEIVED

07/10/2011
I received a letter requesting ORIGINAL document to prove am still having contact with my child???? the letter also stated i have to produce thiese document by 07/11/2011 if not they will make a decision with the document they have at hand and that my application mite fall to be refused.
How am i suppose to prove this,when my contact is not a spervised one.that was what brought me to this forum.Greenie suggested,letters from friends,photos of me and my child,letter from nusery,etc.

25/10/2011
i manage to send photos,a letter from childs nusery stating i requested for his school report and the report was includeded,i also send reciept of presents for hiis birthday and wrote a covering letter to the case worker,explaning my contact wuith my child and theres no other way i can prove this apart from the document i ve sent before and this otherones am sending now.
I concluded the letter by asking the case worker to make a decision that would respect my right as an individual and as a father to my child. and also consider my childs rights as an individual and as a child that deserve to have a father and a mother in his life like anyother child should.

Behold this money,i recived my document and passport through the post with a letter of confirmation of 12 months limited leave to remain and in my passport a resident permit vigineet to confirm this.

thanks Greene and thanks to evryone of you in this forum,you just saved a child from loosing a father and a father from loosing his child.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:25 pm

Congratulations alooma2, enjoy your time with your son.

alooma2
Newly Registered

Post by alooma2 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:16 pm

thanks m8.please can you tell if the new criminalty law will affect my application for ILR to exercise access to my child next year?i ask this question because i have got 2 convictions.this convictions are allegations made by my ex saying am harrasing her,because i wanted to see my child.it all happend at the heat of the moment that i wanted to see my son.i do not have anyother convictions or cautions for any other reason,except for fighting to be with my child.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:20 pm

Yes (248D(vii)).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

alooma2
Newly Registered

Post by alooma2 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:35 pm

thanks for your reply.so in this case what do i need to do? as i dont want to loose my child.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:14 pm

AFAIK, one cannot extend leave under this category when already granted 12 month leave under these rules (248A(vii) is not fulfilled). So, if you do not meet the requirements for settlement at the end of the 12 month leave, you must apply for leave to remain in another immigration category that you may qualify for or exit UK before expiry of leave.

Similarly, I do not think that you for entry clearance under the same rules to (re)enter UK to be with your child.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:03 pm

alooma2 wrote:thanks m8.please can you tell if the new criminalty law will affect my application for ILR to exercise access to my child next year?i ask this question because i have got 2 convictions.this convictions are allegations made by my ex saying am harrasing her,because i wanted to see my child.it all happend at the heat of the moment that i wanted to see my son.i do not have anyother convictions or cautions for any other reason,except for fighting to be with my child.

are they convictions or cautions or just allegations?

alooma2
Newly Registered

Post by alooma2 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:05 pm

they are convictions

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:00 pm

what sentence did you receive? do you know when the convictions will be spent?

alooma2
Newly Registered

Post by alooma2 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:33 pm

community service and a fine,it will be spent in 4years time,i suppose.