ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Are the ILR rules going to change?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Shania
Newly Registered

Are the ILR rules going to change?

Post by Shania » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:33 pm

Hello,
I have been a student in the UK since September 2002 and I would complete my 10th year next. Can I apply for ILR next year? There are rumours which says that the rules are going to change? I am a bit concerned about it would like to plan ahead if there are alterations to the UK law. Any light throwm upon this question would be much appreciated.
Thanks and Best Regards,
Shania

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:52 pm

Rumours are just that ..... rumours!
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Shania
Newly Registered

Post by Shania » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:16 pm

Thanks!
Best wishes,
Shania

Aryan2013
Member of Standing

Post by Aryan2013 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:40 pm

Aryan2013 wrote:I think these white hall mandarines live in a world of their own.

I agree with the view that the proposals are good, at least in theory, but how on earth, they will implement these changes, only god knows!!

Proposed changes on "sham", "forced" marriages and on Article 8 will be difficult to implement.

I also think that 14 years rule will be chopped, for sure. The document does not mention's 10 years rule so it may or may not survive.
"We suggest too that those who wish to settle in the UK on the grounds of private or family life should be up-front about their intentions and make an appropriate application to the UK Border Agency. Settlement in the UK is a privilege. It should not be achieved simply by evading our detection for a number of years. We will therefore consider the impact of our Article 8 proposals on the need to retain the 14-year long residence rule."
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 94&start=0