ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Time limit

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jaksmith
Newly Registered

Time limit

Post by jaksmith » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:47 pm

Hi all,
I recently completed my BA (Hons) course. My final exam finished 1st week of August'11. Then, I got the result on 9th September'11 on the college's notice board. End of September, I received official letter from college that I passed the course. 7th of October'11 I received Transcript from them. Hopefully, Will receive Certificate next week.

My VISA for the course will expire end of April. But, by taking more subject together, i finished the course earlier. Now, I am thinking to apply for PSW. But, confused when i need to apply. How long i can delay to apply for PSW.

IS THERE ANY TIME LIMIT FOR APPLYING PSW AFTER FINISHING THE COURSE ?

some friends told me 3 months from result date, some 4 months, some no timelimit.

If you know...please let me know....thanks guys...

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:56 pm

The time limit for applying is within 12 months from the date of the award: that would be for an application made in the UK or outside the UK. Obviously if you want to apply from inside the UK you will need to apply before your leave expires in April (that is, if your remaining leave was less than six months from the time the course finished).