ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension for 5 year ancestry visa. Help!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

edthesock
Newly Registered

Extension for 5 year ancestry visa. Help!

Post by edthesock » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:34 am

Hello everyone.

I am currently on a 5 year ancestry visa that started on 06 Jan 07 and will expire on the 6th of Jan 12. I did not get into the U.K. until 12 March 07. I am a self employed rickshaw driver in London and saw no reason to come in January. I have taken 18 weeks of holiday time with the longest trip being 2 months. What do I need to do in order to stay? Do they have extensions or do I have to go home and apply for a new visa? Visas seem to be cheaper in Canada but my address would be in London and all my bank statements are from a bank in London as well. If I need a new visa will I have to show all the same documents again or will my current visa do? How much would I expect to pay to get a visa service to do this?

Thanks in advance.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:48 am

You can apply for leave to remain (extension) as a person with UK ancestry (189).
See Extending your stay as a migrant with UK ancestry and UK Ancestry.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

edthesock
Newly Registered

Post by edthesock » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:52 am

Cheers for that. In regards to the biometric residence thing, the application asks for it but this link indicates a letter will be sent once I have posted my application. Do you know whats up with this?

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... rocess.pdf

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:26 am

Read the form again - carefully - to understand under what circumstances it asks the applicant to provide information regarding a biometric resident permit.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:30 pm

edthesock wrote:My ancestry visa is coming to an end and despite the crap coffee and overpriced beer I have decided to stay. I will be applying for an extension as I showed up 2 months late and need the time to make up my 5 years. My problem is my address. I act as a caretaker in London and have lived at 13 different property's through out London, as a result of this I use my business address. (I am a self employed rickshaw driver with my own rickshaw) This is the address that my bank statements go to, rickshaw insurance, H.M. Revenue, birthday present from folks back home etc. go to. If someone wants to find me this is the address you must go to as I could get moved to a different property tomorrow. I was going to use my business address on my application as it only makes sense but I don't wand to get deported back to Canada in Jan. because I did not put the address of where I live. Any advice on this would be great.

Cheers.