ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success@Glasgow PEO on 03/11 - WP+T1(G)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fansn
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

ILR Success@Glasgow PEO on 03/11 - WP+T1(G)

Post by fansn » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:40 am

Dear all,

My wife and I have our ILR approved yesterday @ Glasgow PEO, and I would like to share my experience with all of you as I also benifit from this forum a lot before I apply.

My case: WP 2 years + T1(G) 3 years. With Spouse, married on 08/10/2009 but switched to T1 dependant in 10/2010, my wife was a PhD Student just graduated this year. WP stamped on 01/12/2006 and switched to T1(G) on 17/12/2008. Therefore made an appointment on 03/11/2011.

Arrived at 8:30, pass security check and have to wait until 9:10 to start(strongly recommend to book appointments after 9:30). The case should be very straight forward, I have been working for the same company and have no convictions. However, I did have some troule. The officer checked my documents in 10 minutes and told me they will approve my one but not wife's. I was so suprised as I'm so confident that she should be eligible as we lived together for more than 2 years. I was told my wife was on her dependant visa for only 1 year and can't apply. I argued with the officer for at least 10 minutes then the officer called the headquater and finally I was told the application will be processed.

They let me wait in the hall and at around 12:00 I was told we are both approved, our passports would be ready soon (but I waited until 13:10), just wait.

Was called again around 13:10 and given back all the documents back, checked passports and signed for it, then leave.

My experience was fine but personally I wouldn't recommend this PEO. As I lived in Edinburgh and don't have a car so this one is the most convenient for me but a few of my friends who lived in Scotland chose solihull and liverpool.

Reasons:
1. Most of the officers are Scottish has strong accent and you might not get used to that if you don't live in Scotland.
2. The counter is not so private. I can hear all the cases while I'm waiting in the hall. I clearly heard one WP case was rejected as the applicant declared one conviction in 2007 and he was told the conviction will be spent in 2012.
3. A bit more strict? There are quite few people apply SET(O) and SET(M), when I left there were only 8 cases under consideration. So I think they have enough time to check every case throughtly.

Finally, my documents are listed below. Officers seem very professional. The only question is: you are T1(G), do you earn more money than before. I answered yes.

Then asked for documents:
1. Passports
2. police registration forms
3. Payslips
4. bank statements
5. life in the UK

after they agreed to approve my wife's application, the request:

6. Marriage certificate
7. 6 x cohabitation documents( I was told to give only 6, no need to be joint, so I randomly picked some)

The documents I prepared but not used:
1. Employer's letter
2. 5 x P60
3. council tax bill
4. degree certificate
5. all other cohabitation documents -- I prepared a lot, also with bankstatement covering two years, but only requested 2 piece.

That's all my experice, now feeling relieved! I wish all the ILR applicant in this forum good luck!
Last edited by fansn on Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:43 am, edited 5 times in total.

malepiscean
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Success@Glasgow PEO on 03/11 - WP+T1(G)

Post by malepiscean » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:57 am

Congrats! Did you have any absences? If yes, can you please provide the break-up in terms of 'paid vacation', 'unpaid vacation' and 'business travel'?
Many thanks in advance.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:16 am

fansn wrote:I have my ILR approved yesterday
When you say "I", do you mean "only you" or "you and your dependant(s)"?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

fansn
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by fansn » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:33 am

sushdmehta wrote:
fansn wrote:I have my ILR approved yesterday
When you say "I", do you mean "only you" or "you and your dependant(s)"?
Sorry, it should be both of us. They are convinced finally. I've modified the message.

fansn
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by fansn » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:36 am

malepiscean wrote:Congrats! Did you have any absences? If yes, can you please provide the break-up in terms of 'paid vacation', 'unpaid vacation' and 'business travel'?
Many thanks in advance.
Thanks. I don't any absences other than paid leave. I have HR include the statement in employer's letter but they didn't request the letter.

am143
Newly Registered

Post by am143 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:46 pm

fansn,

Congratulations on your ILR success.

I am also in similar situation as you were i.e. WP+T1(G). Just got confused with the police registration form, if you don't mind can you please explain why you have to provide police registration form. My understanding is that it is not required for T1(G) applicant. Can you please explain to me, as I am not aware of any of such requirements.

Regards
AM

fansn
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by fansn » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:34 am

am143 wrote:fansn,

Congratulations on your ILR success.

I am also in similar situation as you were i.e. WP+T1(G). Just got confused with the police registration form, if you don't mind can you please explain why you have to provide police registration form. My understanding is that it is not required for T1(G) applicant. Can you please explain to me, as I am not aware of any of such requirements.

Regards
AM
Thanks. Depending on which country you came from, not all the migrants are required to register with police. So, don't worry, you don't need that.