ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Payment description on bank statement: Dividend and salary

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sachin_s_j
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Payment description on bank statement: Dividend and salary

Post by sachin_s_j » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:24 pm

Dear all

Appreciate if someone lets me know if the 'Payment Description' is on any significance. For one of my dividends, the description appearing on my bank statement is 'Salary Credit'. I had made a mistake while transferring the funds. Will this cause an issue?

Regards
Sachin

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:57 pm

You could put a sticky-note on that page of your bank statement saying that the description is incorrect and it should be "dividend". As long as your other documents match up (e.g. dividend slips, accountant letter, etc), it should be fine.
Last edited by goldfish on Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sachin_s_j
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by sachin_s_j » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:05 pm

goldfish wrote:You could put a stick-note on that page of your bank statement saying that the description is incorrect and it should be "dividend". As long as your other documents match up (e.g. dividend slips, accountant letter, etc), it should be fine.
Thanks for your reply. I have already applied for the extension on 17/10/2011 and I came to know about it only now. One of my friends application in person was not considered because of a minor discrepancy in one of his salary slips (His salary slip did not match the bank statement because of an adjustment done by his company). This sparked me reviewing all my salary and dividends against my bank statements. Thats when I identified this. I am wondering whether there is any merit in sending an additional letter to the Home Office advising them about this. All other documents are consistent - There is a CA letter, dividend vouchers, summary of salary and dividends, business bank statements, P&L etc. I already sent the CA letter as an 'additional document'. So dont want to irk them by sending any more documents if it is not necessary.

How does it work generally - does the caseworker ask for clarifications or rejects straightaway?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:03 pm

sachin_s_j wrote:Hi all

I have applied for Tier 1 extension through post on 17/10/2011. I am a contractor and operate through my limited company. My questions are

1) Does UKBA seek clarifications if they have doubts or reject the application straightaway? If they ask clarifications, is that through letter/phone/email?
2) Is the application refused for trivial issues such as - the payment description appearing in my bank statement for one of the dividend payments is "salary" as opposed to "dividend"? The amount is correct.
3) If there is such sort of a mistake with one of dividends or a small error somewhere in the salary slip, do they just ignore that salary/dividend and consider the rest? (Even after not considering a few dividends and salaries I am well above the required threshold).

Appreciate any feedback/inputs on this.

Thanks
Sachin
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:54 pm

Was the discrepancy in your friend's application a difference in the wording or the actual number? If the numbers are different, that will cause a problem. If there is a mistake in the wording, maybe not, especially if your other evidence matches (e.g. if you have an employer letter stating dividend amount £x paid on date y, and both x and y match on your bank statement.

Jayaprakash28
Newly Registered

Payment description

Post by Jayaprakash28 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:25 am

I made mistake regarding payment description as I mentioned it as 'Loan', however the amount is showed as dividend and is supported in accountant statement. Will this creates any issue.

Please adivse me.

Thanks & Regards,
jaya