ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Finances for settlement visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

clarrygill
Newly Registered

Finances for settlement visa

Post by clarrygill » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:29 pm

I am about to submit documents for my husband's settlement visa. I Just want to check one thing. I have an arranged overdraft on my bank account (which I use) although i never go over the arranged amount. Will this effect my application, or is an overdraft acceptable??

butterfly4321

Overdraft

Post by butterfly4321 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:47 pm

Hi Clarrygill I posted the same question this morning as I am worried about that, I explained in my application that overdraft was due to flights and high call costs. My income takes me back in to credit but I am £900 overdrawn every month. I dont know if that will cause a problem - if you hear anything let me know please

clarrygill
Newly Registered

Post by clarrygill » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:00 pm

Hi butterfly. I am usually about the same amount overdrawn too. Any savings that I did have went on travelling to see my hubby. I will let you know when I have a reply. Know how you feel coz this has me worried too!!

butterfly4321

Money

Post by butterfly4321 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:03 pm

Just read on another post that you dont need to have savings if you have a regular income but dont know about overdrafts

clarrygill
Newly Registered

Post by clarrygill » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:13 pm

I have a regular income & my hubby has a job waiting for him when he gets here. But still worried that they will see how much overdrawn I am & refuse application straightaway for that.