ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

samns
Newly Registered

Post by samns » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:12 pm

Is anyone applying for a uk spouse visa who is under 21?

My Sis Inslaw just turnded 20. We don't know if the recent court case means that we can now apply for her Visa or not?

aaaaaa123

Post by aaaaaa123 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:13 pm

HI
Can sumbody tell me if i can request a PAYE Coding Notice from the HMRC website

shazmalik

Post by shazmalik » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:51 pm

yh sorry mate was typing using a touch screen phone basically its only my grandparents at the moment the house inspection was done all a ok so there would only be the 4 of us,

so in the appeal i gave in

payslips,savings account, skype im with screenshot of her skype account, text messages which i still have on my phone this very instant, photos of us and our nikah and shadi, money transfers also provided them with a overdraft since the clearly missed that they also said i had no right to disabilty allowance which i have been getting since i was young from the goverment due to a condition i have.
05/05/2011 applied 28/07/2011 Refused
16/08/2011 Appeal sent
07/09/2011 Acknowledgement Letter received
16/01/2012 ECO Withdrawed in court
13/02/2012 Call letter recieved
15/02/2012 Passport Submitted
26/03/2012 Passport returned with visa stamped

rehan2

Post by rehan2 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:44 pm

aaaaaa123 wrote:HI
Can sumbody tell me if i can request a PAYE Coding Notice from the HMRC website

Yes u can.....call this number 0845 300 0627....and ask for the PAYE coding notice...you will receive it in 14 days....

jalebi

Post by jalebi » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:17 pm

samns wrote:Is anyone applying for a uk spouse visa who is under 21?

My Sis Inslaw just turnded 20. We don't know if the recent court case means that we can now apply for her Visa or not?
Same. My sis-in-law is 20 and we're currently waiting for my brother to work atleast 6 months in his current job (whilst also waiting for the law to change) to apply for her case.

But I think you shouldnt do anything until there is a definite change in the law, to be on the safe side.

nokia
Newly Registered

Post by nokia » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:07 pm

Happy

EID

Mubarak

To every one....

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:41 pm

samns wrote:Is anyone applying for a uk spouse visa who is under 21?

As it stands the Law has not changed, only a court ruling has stated it is against human rights and will need to be changed, until the Law officially changes and UKBA and the home office prepare for the change and make it official you shouldn't apply as it will be a total waste of money. £900 is a lot of money. Once the Home Office and UKBA change it in the application process, then you can.

It's a pathetic law and personally I think if they were going to make the ruling they should have done it for female sponsors, how many males get forced into marriage? But then that would breach equal rights for both sexes wouldn't it?

You should always ask someone with knowledge about this, you shouldn't have to pay for a simple question like this.

Thrillseeker
Newly Registered

Post by Thrillseeker » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:52 pm

Officially lowered back to 18.

Effective 28th November 2011

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... e-visa-age

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:33 pm

Thrillseeker wrote:Officially lowered back to 18.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... e-visa-age
That's brilliant news for all those who are involved in genuine marriage and hopefully it doesn't open the door to more forced marriages because despite what we think, it being at 21 it did reduce the number of forced marriages.

Anyways good luck to all those who plan on applying now, this change has come as good news and I personally hope that no one has to suffer the trauma that others have had to with the silly 21 age rule.

It's funny that the moment I write a comment about it taking several months, it gets sorted out. So you can all thank me for almost being the good luck charm.

Rehana

Post by Rehana » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:50 pm

@kingtobe

Lol seein as ur our lucky charm perhaps u cud send some of those poitive vibes my way! Iv been waiting almost 6 years, perhaps u can help...?
Submitted application: 02.05.2011
Refused: 07.07.2011
Refusal of entry clearance received: 08.08.2011
Appeal lodged in UK: 02.09.2011
Acknowledgement Letter received from AIT: 22.09.2011
Deadline given to ECO: 30.01.2012

Rehana

Post by Rehana » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:51 pm

@kingtobe

Lol seein as ur our lucky charm perhaps u cud send some of those poitive vibes my way! Iv been waiting almost 6 years, perhaps u can help...?
Submitted application: 02.05.2011
Refused: 07.07.2011
Refusal of entry clearance received: 08.08.2011
Appeal lodged in UK: 02.09.2011
Acknowledgement Letter received from AIT: 22.09.2011
Deadline given to ECO: 30.01.2012

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:51 am

The Government has announced today that the spouse visa age will be lowered again from 21 to 18. The change will take effect as of 25 November 2011.
The Minister for Immigration, Damian Green, says as follows in his ministerial announcement:
The changes in the Immigration Rules being laid before the House today are as a result of the Supreme Court judgement in R (on the application of Quila and another) (FC) v Secretary of State for the Home Department and R (on the application of Bibi and another) (FC) v Secretary of State for the Home Department [2011] UKSC 45.
On 12 October 2011, the Supreme Court found that whilst they recognised that the Secretary of State was pursuing a legitimate and rational aim of seeking to address forced marriage, a rule (increasing the minimum marriage visa age from 18 to 21) disproportionately interfered with the Article 8 rights of those who were in genuine marriages. Accordingly, the Secretary of State has decided to revert to a minimum age of 18.
The changes will take effect on 28 November and will reduce the minimum age at which a person may be granted entry clearance or leave as the spouse, civil partner, fiancé(e), proposed civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner of a sponsor, and the minimum age at which a person may sponsor such an application, from 21 to 18 years. It will also delete references to a minimum age of 18 for entry clearance or leave as the spouse, civil partner, fiancé(e), proposed civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner of a HM Forces sponsor, and the minimum age at which a member of HM Forces may sponsor such an application. Guidance for those affected by the judgment will be published on the UK Border Agency website.
There is no place in British society for the practice of forced marriage. It is a breach of human rights and a form of violence against the victims. That is why the Prime Minister has announced that the Government will criminalise the breach of Forced Marriage Civil Protection Orders and that there will be a consultation on making forcing someone to marry an offence in its own right.

nokia
Newly Registered

Post by nokia » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:11 am

The Decision is out... best of luck to them who were struggling because of this.....May Allah give success to all those who have a pure heart in this regard.

Just remember every one in your prayers, and hope every thing goes in a good manner.

EID MUBARAK...

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:38 am

ohhh

se what i mean for INNOCENT ppl like ME!

we applied wen we gt amrried and it got rejected cos of the stupid law!..which meant us waiting 2 more years! and for wat???.!!!...cnt stand them ppl!!!!...

TxS
Newly Registered

Notice of withdrawal

Post by TxS » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:53 am

Salaam.

Eid Mubarak to all.

Alhumdulilla! I received a notice of withdrawal from the tribunal service. my wife received a letter asking to submit her passport on Friday 4th Nov. Due to Eid holidays we have not submitted the passport.

Can someone please advise me:
Q1. What documents must be submitted along with passport
Q2. Do I need a cover letter? If so, please can you give me details.
Q3. What is the current processing time?
Q4. Will I be able to track this online similar to when we gave the initial application and do Gerrys write or text for this?

Jazakallah

Fakhra
Newly Registered

Post by Fakhra » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:49 pm

@TxS Wsalam, Congratulations on the good news.

I am in a simillar situation hoping for my husbands refusal to be overturned. Can I ask when you/your wife recived the Notice Of Pending Appeal IA10 and whether your wife recieved a phone call asking her to submit her passport?

TxS
Newly Registered

Post by TxS » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:31 pm

in recieved the notice of withdrawal on thursday 3rd and my wife received the letter to submit her passport on 4th nov.

batleykhan

Re: Notice of withdrawal

Post by batleykhan » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:02 pm

Salaam.

Eid Mubarak to all.

Alhumdulilla! I received a notice of withdrawal from the tribunal service. my wife received a letter asking to submit her passport on Friday 4th Nov. Due to Eid holidays we have not submitted the passport.

Passport and valid TB certificate

No

Anything between 2-8 weeks

Q4. Will I be able to track this online similar to when we gave the initial application and do Gerrys write or text for this?

No you cant track this

Jazakallah

samns
Newly Registered

Post by samns » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:59 pm

Officially lowered back to 18.

Great news. :D We will now start the process.

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:41 pm

TxS wrote:Salaam.

Eid Mubarak to all.

Congrats TxS.. :D :D could I please ask you to put up your timeline in the signature column.. so those of us waiting can have a rough idea on how long the process could take, as many of us have appealed.

Also what the the reason they refused the original application/visa?
Jazakallah
Allah is the greatest!

TxS
Newly Registered

Post by TxS » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:39 pm

Thank you for your reply batleykhan and thank you Exquisit33.
reason for refusal were:
1. why applied late (cuz i had to turn 21 you idiots plus you decided to bring in English test.)
2. Calling cards used so no proof of genuine communication.
3. Inappropriate proof for house assessement.

@ batleykhan can you please tell me - when passport is ready for collection, do they write or phone. More importantly, what is the timeframe that you have to travel to UK. I heard its 28 days but would like some info. Thanks

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:03 am

Thank you TxS.
Please check your PM. :)
Allah is the greatest!

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:24 am

TxS wrote:Thank you for your reply batleykhan and thank you Exquisit33.
reason for refusal were:
1. why applied late (cuz i had to turn 21 you idiots plus you decided to bring in English test.)
2. Calling cards used so no proof of genuine communication.
3. Inappropriate proof for house assessement.

@ batleykhan can you please tell me - when passport is ready for collection, do they write or phone. More importantly, what is the timeframe that you have to travel to UK. I heard its 28 days but would like some info. Thanks
They will phone you when its ready.
You have 3 months from the date the visa is issued to get to the UK

Rehan Arain

House Assessment

Post by Rehan Arain » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:08 pm

Hi

Please could any body tell from there experience that

1- House Assessment Report for Spouse Accomodation is compulsary to obtain, I am renting a large bedroom in a House.

2- How long the documents date is valid untill....I am gona sponsor my spouse in April 2012....can I arrange documents now e.g Employment refrence, as it is Nov 2011...will they still be valid ?

Many thanks.

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:13 pm

salaam, wher can u submit the appeals, is it croydon or loughbrough??..
and whats best/quicker, oral or paper hearing?..plz look at my reason for refusal and tel me whats u think is best..jzk

asap replies plzz