ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport re-call by UKBA after PR granted!!!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

andrej

Post by andrej » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:41 pm

I sent my passport yesterday and it was delivered today by special delivery. The waiting game begins. I'll give them two weeks and then I shall request my little green book back!!!

andrej

Got it!!!

Post by andrej » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:12 pm

Just to those following this topic, I got the passport back from UKBA Liverpool office today. It took three days and five days with delivery. My only concern is that my original PR was stamped 14 September 2011 while the new one (old one was cancelled) is dated 3 November 2011. Does this mean my year on PR counts from the first issue on the 14 Sep or from the new on the 3 Nov?

Another interesting thing is that for both myself and my EU spouse the original PRs were printed in Croydon while my new on was done in Liverpool and has the imprinted UKBA stamp which is missing from the original two. Different?!?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Re: Got it!!!

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:50 pm

andrej wrote:Just to those following this topic, I got the passport back from UKBA Liverpool office today. It took three days and five days with delivery. My only concern is that my original PR was stamped 14 September 2011 while the new one (old one was cancelled) is dated 3 November 2011. Does this mean my year on PR counts from the first issue on the 14 Sep or from the new on the 3 Nov?
Your PR happened automatically on some particular date. Often it is 5 years after your ENTRY into the country.

The date on the PR Card is just the date of issue of the card. It depends only on which days they had available ink and people in the office and has nothing to do with the date you got PR.

You can apply for citizenship one year after the date of your PR.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:50 pm

"You can apply for citizenship one year after the date of your PR."

Just to be absolutely clear, one year after the date of PR means you qualified for permanent residence when your five years residence were achieved, irrespective of what the stamp says. Best to keep your evidence and the letters about the inconvenience.

They were pretty quick in this case, eh?

andrej

Post by andrej » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:29 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:"You can apply for citizenship one year after the date of your PR."

Just to be absolutely clear, one year after the date of PR means you qualified for permanent residence when your five years residence were achieved, irrespective of what the stamp says. Best to keep your evidence and the letters about the inconvenience.

They were pretty quick in this case, eh?
As I mentioned it earlier, I find it really strange that initial PR stickers (both EU and Non-EU) had Croydon as the place of issue (even though Liverpool deals with EEAs) and my second, amended sticker has Liverpool as the place of issue and contains the pressed stamp on side, missing in the previous ones.

It matters not any more because now I can plan my trip in peace. I can just see border guards and airline clerks comparing my two stickers and eyeing me suspiciously... :roll:

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:45 pm

And remember: do not allow your passport to be stamped if you have an RC or a PRC!
Last edited by Directive/2004/38/EC on Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:30 pm

"As I mentioned it earlier, I find it really strange that initial PR stickers (both EU and Non-EU) had Croydon as the place of issue (even though Liverpool deals with EEAs) and my second, amended sticker has Liverpool as the place of issue and contains the pressed stamp on side, missing in the previous ones. "

It is possible that the caseworker dealing with the initial application was based in Croydon. That should not matter to you. Think of last week, you were worried. Now everything's fine. Enjoy!

seputus

Post by seputus » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:04 am

A point to make though andrej is that yes you can apply for BC 1 year after the specific date you acquired PR, but if you do it < 1 year from the date of issue of your PR stamp then you'll have to send all the documents you originally sent to prove PR in the first place...whereas if you wait 1 year from the date of issue of the PR stamp then you don't have to send all those documents again... :)

In any case, congrats!!

dasjoker

Post by dasjoker » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:15 am

andrej wrote:Just to those following this topic, I got the passport back from UKBA Liverpool office today. It took three days and five days with delivery. My only concern is that my original PR was stamped 14 September 2011 while the new one (old one was cancelled) is dated 3 November 2011. Does this mean my year on PR counts from the first issue on the 14 Sep or from the new on the 3 Nov?

Another interesting thing is that for both myself and my EU spouse the original PRs were printed in Croydon while my new on was done in Liverpool and has the imprinted UKBA stamp which is missing from the original two. Different?!?
Now as always i got weird cases now last week i received my new passport and my embassy cancelled my old passport which with resident card and there is no available page for stamp new visa. do you guys reckon if i send my both passport they would stamp new visa on my new passport?

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:03 am

That is what they will do,as long asyou send both your passports
dasjoker wrote:

Now as always i got weird cases now last week i received my new passport and my embassy cancelled my old passport which with resident card and there is no available page for stamp new visa. do you guys reckon if i send my both passport they would stamp new visa on my new passport?

andrej

Post by andrej » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:49 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:"As I mentioned it earlier, I find it really strange that initial PR stickers (both EU and Non-EU) had Croydon as the place of issue (even though Liverpool deals with EEAs) and my second, amended sticker has Liverpool as the place of issue and contains the pressed stamp on side, missing in the previous ones. "

It is possible that the caseworker dealing with the initial application was based in Croydon. That should not matter to you. Think of last week, you were worried. Now everything's fine. Enjoy!
I know, I know... Its all good now. I am happy but at the same time mentally tired of it all. This whole hype started in May/June when I seriously started all the document collection and it ended in this unexpected finale of having to send passport back again. All good now. Thank you all for your help!!! :D