ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

how is the job market for Software

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

john440
Newly Registered

how is the job market for Software

Post by john440 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:37 am

Hi All,

I have recently applied for HSMP through an agency in UK. I am currently based outside UK. Wanted to know, how long does it take for the processing to be completed? And, how is the job market in the Software field.

Appreciate all your help.

Regards,
John

goose182
Newly Registered

Post by goose182 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:14 pm

Hi John,

My HSMP application was made from inside the UK, but it took 5 weeks to process from start to finish. There are other threads in this forum where everyone who has made the application posts their timelines.

As far as the software field goes, I suppose it depends on what specifically you do, but in general all things computer are quite lucrative here. I've been working as a contractor for the past 2 years here in London and have never gone more than a few weeks without an offer. Check out www.jobserve.co.uk to get a sense of the demand for your specific skillset.

Cheers,
Mike

john440
Newly Registered

Post by john440 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:21 pm

Thanks Mike, I develop softwares for VoIP products on handset using Symbian/Linux etc. I will surely try the link

Cheers,
John