ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 Student General Dependant Documentation.

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

PSINGH1407
Newly Registered

Tier 4 Student General Dependant Documentation.

Post by PSINGH1407 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:11 pm

Dear All,

I will be applying for Tier 4 Student General Visa in this january from India. I really dont have any Idea what about documents to attach for my Dependants. Here I have listed documents that I have already attached with my file.

1. Completed Application Form
2. A marrige certificate from UK as we married in UK
3. A bank statement form UK Bank (Jint Account of myself + My husband) and Indian Bank (On my husband's name)

Do I need to write any aditional coverletter for my dependant? or do I need any further documentation apart from listed above?

Many Thanks

Punit

shahz
Newly Registered

Post by shahz » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:32 am

You should also submit following documents along with the one you mentioned;

1. Wedding pictures, honeymoon/holidays pictures. Would advice to send lots of pictures and make sure you write place and approx date behind each picture, would recommend occasion too. for example your bday, weekend trip, etc.
2. Joint investments proof, if any
3. Cover letter from you and your husband
4. Tenancy agreement if you are staying together. or other proof showing you have been staying together since marriage. you can also submit your mobile statements if they come at same address.
5. In addition, you need to prove that you are still in relationship with your husband. you can submit email scripts/chat scripts/skype logs/itemized mobile bills highlighting the calls you made to each other.

The document list is not exhaustive and not mandatory but keep in mind they also check if your marriage is subsisting since marriage.

I have been rejected once because i submitted only the documents you mentioned above (which actually are the only mandatory ones), however i appealed against the officers decision and submitted all the above documents.

PSINGH1407
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by PSINGH1407 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:18 pm

Dear Shahz,

Thanks for your reply. As we both are already in uk we both have same address on our bank statement that we gonna show for maintanance. We also had the Joint account in UK bank with statemet in the name of both.
Also, We got married in UK and hence have UK Council marrige certificate.
Importantly I am currently on dependant on my Husband as he is in Teir 1 PSW and now I would like to apply for Tier 4 Student and He will be my dependant as I am geeeting good scholarship for my Masters.

Many Thanks