ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

statement/notification of degree result versus degree certi

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

CHINEDU
Newly Registered

statement/notification of degree result versus degree certi

Post by CHINEDU » Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:17 pm

good day, my name is chinedu, i am a chartered accountant and has a degree from nigeria, under 28 from lagos nigeria, i want to ask if the notification/statement of result always issued by universities in nigeria is sufficient for hsmp as the certificates are not always available on time.

i have a bsc accounting from olabisi onabanjo university(ogun state university) is it recognised by naric and hsmp.

[ EDIT : post changed to all lower case from all upper case.

Folks, PLEASE do not use all-caps! It makes reading very diffcult.

Thank you,

The Admin ]

funmilola

RESULT NOTIFICATION

Post by funmilola » Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:53 am

This is not accepted by HSMP. U need ur original degree certificate for HSMP. I however do not know if Ur school is accredited by NARIC - guess U shld check the NARIC site.

All the best

CHINEDU
Newly Registered

RE-STATEMENT OF DEGREE RESULT

Post by CHINEDU » Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:39 am

thanks for your kind response funmilola, but the statement was issued by the registrar of the university, it indicated clearly that a degree has been awarded, the date of the award and the class of degree. this statement is on the original letter headed paper of the university and most times the certificates comes in after 5years.

according hsmp caseworker guidance is this original statement with the above description not accepted or should i get the transcripts to back it up.

this statement is very common in nigeria as most university dont issue certificates until after five years.

your response would be kindly appreciated.

thanks.

CHINEDU
Newly Registered

Post by CHINEDU » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:35 am

please funmi, how do i check the naric site