ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General Extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nm
Member of Standing

Tier 1 General Extension

Post by nm » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:16 am

Hi ,

My tier 1 general extension will be APR 12.I will be claiming the points for earning from Oct 11 to Feb12 which is 5 months this is enough for my extension and my payroll is in UK still I am paying tax to uk but my physical work in European country I will be staying more over days in European country for this 5 months.

My question: is there any issue for my extension of tier 1 general?

ScopeD
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ScopeD » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:05 pm

95. If an applicant has earned monies
in the UK for a period during which he/
she remained overseas (eg. a company
director drawing a UK salary but remaining
based outside the UK) such earnings will be
accepted.

Source: Tier 1 (General) guidance 2011

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:57 pm

nm wrote:HI ,
I am going for tier 1 general extension on coming March .my current visa fist date of entry clearance was 2nd Apr 2009 but I have been applied before 31 March 2009.
Now I could not claim the points for my degree qualification under the UKBA point based calculator as per my first entry clearance date as 2nd Apr 2009.
since I am eligible to claim for my degree qualification as per my applied date wise. 1.So how to proceed with this and how to prove UKBA that I was applied before 31 march 2009(note :I may missed the acknowledgement letter which UKBA sent first entry application and also payment have been done through the postal order)
2. Which date need to mention in point calculator (means before 31 march09 or my exact expire date 2 nd apr09) when I will take the print out from point base calculator

Could you please advice me on the same.

Rgs
nm
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:09 pm

The only date that has any relevance is the date of application.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

nm
Member of Standing

Post by nm » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:26 pm

sushdmehta wrote:The only date that has any relevance is the date of application.
Hi sushdmehta,
I could not get from your comment really I have been confusion about my extension application will consider under my stamping date or my application date.
1. Since they have mentioned clearly like “Enter the date of your first successful Tier 1 application” in PBC but still have doubt which means stamping date or application date.
2. Mandatory to submit any proof document or UKBA have a record of my first appliaction date if they considered like application date

Pls let me know if you need more details on the same

Rgs
nm

rsharma6
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rsharma6 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:12 pm

sushdmehta wrote:The only date that has any relevance is the date of application.
Hi Sushdmehta,

I actually forgot the exact date when I sent my Tier 1 initial application. I got my HSMP in August 2008 and I applied for entry clearance under HSMP-Tier1 transition and got stampled in Feb 2009. So if I do not remember the exact date, what should I put in the "Enter the date of your first successful Tier 1 application"?

Thanks in advance.

kadik
India

Post by kadik » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:07 am

Rsharma: I used the visa issue date (per the visa stamp in the passport) for my application. As long this date is before April 2009 you should be fine.

rsharma6
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rsharma6 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:13 pm

kadik wrote:Rsharma: I used the visa issue date (per the visa stamp in the passport) for my application. As long this date is before April 2009 you should be fine.
Many thanks Kadik. So I believe it is the Tier1 Visa issue date stamped on my Passport then?

ifti12

In the same boat

Post by ifti12 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:32 am

I think Kadik is right. I got the visa stamped on 3 Feb 2009 and the new rules applied in April 2009.
Secondly you can try entering the application date and visa stamped date you should score the same points if the visa stamped before April 2009.