ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent-Parents ILR and child on Tier1 dependent

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gagsingh
Newly Registered

Urgent-Parents ILR and child on Tier1 dependent

Post by gagsingh » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:18 pm

Hi

I was on Tier 1 and recently I and my wife got ILR in Sep .we did not appliy for my son ILR to save money and directly applied for his BC registration.

Problem is I am still waiiting for his registration certificate as it is almost 7 weeks.

So, my question is if my son and my wife have to travel out of uk to india for some urgent purpose ,whats the best option to bring my son back.He is born in UK.

Is it possible to get his passport applied from india based on registration certificate which i will receive here in UK.

Is this possible ? your help is much appreciated.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:39 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

gagsingh
Newly Registered

Post by gagsingh » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:00 pm

vinny wrote:Yes.

Hi Vinny,

Thanks for responding.

Can you provide some more details.

1.will there be any issue at immigration at heathrow while leaving uk or at indian airport while entering india if he has tier1 dependent visa which is not valid even if it is valid till Jan 2013.

2.Any clue of time taken by british high commission in india to issue passport.

3. will my son require some indian visa to return back to uk. or just brtish passport is inuf to satisfy immigration officer in india and uk.

any other more guidance will be of great help.

thanks,
gagan

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:08 pm

There shouldn't have any problems when leaving the UK.

Click on given link above for more information on passport application.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

gagsingh
Newly Registered

Post by gagsingh » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:46 am

vinny wrote:There shouldn't have any problems when leaving the UK.

Click on given link above for more information on passport application.
Thanks vinny for the link.

It says it takes approx 12 weeks to get new passport.
Also, does he require indian immigration stamp or visa on new british passport before leaving india?

Any idea on how much time it will take to complete all this procedure from india.

Thanks,
Gag

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:09 pm

The child may require an exit visa if he/she uses a British passport for outbound travel from India.

The British embassy will advise you on what needs to be done to get one when they issue a British passport to your child.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

gagsingh
Newly Registered

Post by gagsingh » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:50 pm

sushdmehta wrote:The child may require an exit visa if he/she uses a British passport for outbound travel from India.

The British embassy will advise you on what needs to be done to get one when they issue a British passport to your child.
Ok....any idea of how much time does it takes to get all this done from india.
Passport and visa stuff.