ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success- HSMP JR- Croydon PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nehalbhagat

ILR Success- HSMP JR- Croydon PEO

Post by nehalbhagat » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:05 am

as promised yesterday, here is my ILR experience
appointment booked for 9AM, allowed in at 8.30. initial security check,form check and payment process was carried out until 9.10. waited until 10.30 when CW called me to counter. lovely lady asked to submit form,payment receipt.

She asked are you applying under HSMP JR ? I answered YES. then she asked then pls give me your and wife's passport,last 3months salary account statement,payslips and latest p60. after doing checks she asked my HSMP approval letter.

after 15 mins doing some checks on system,she called senior case worker for an opinion. they discussed about my case for 10 mins. I asked everything OK? she replied Nothing to worry about. you are OK.

then she asked me last 2 years co-hab docs, I was shocked because HSMP JR dependents follows main applicant but I was well prepared (thanks to this forum), I give it to her.

after some time she said, I am granting you and your wife ILR. please collect your passport after an hour.

passport collected around 1.30 and wave good bye to LUNAR HOUSE.

overall pleasant journey. Thanks to all my friends on immigration board who helped me to collect my docs. thanks to all successful applicant to share their stories, thanks to moderators and special thanks to SUSHDMEHTA for their golden advise.

Docs submitted:-
Form,photos, hsmp approval letter,tier1 ext letter,last 3 months payslips (stamp/signed), salary account last 3 months bank statements, employment letter,

co-hab docs - both driving license ,2 yrs council tax,electricity,water bills, gp card,election vote card.

please do not hesitate me to contact for any questions. good luck to all future applicant.

Thanks immigration board. now time to follow British citizenship section.

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Success- HSMP JR- Croydon PEO

Post by Son_of_Soil » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:47 am

Congrats , happy for you ! Join the club n hail the queen ;)

nehalbhagat wrote:as promised yesterday, here is my ILR experience
appointment booked for 9AM, allowed in at 8.30. initial security check,form check and payment process was carried out until 9.10. waited until 10.30 when CW called me to counter. lovely lady asked to submit form,payment receipt.

She asked are you applying under HSMP JR ? I answered YES. then she asked then pls give me your and wife's passport,last 3months salary account statement,payslips and latest p60. after doing checks she asked my HSMP approval letter.

after 15 mins doing some checks on system,she called senior case worker for an opinion. they discussed about my case for 10 mins. I asked everything OK? she replied Nothing to worry about. you are OK.

then she asked me last 2 years co-hab docs, I was shocked because HSMP JR dependents follows main applicant but I was well prepared (thanks to this forum), I give it to her.

after some time she said, I am granting you and your wife ILR. please collect your passport after an hour.

passport collected around 1.30 and wave good bye to LUNAR HOUSE.

overall pleasant journey. Thanks to all my friends on immigration board who helped me to collect my docs. thanks to all successful applicant to share their stories, thanks to moderators and special thanks to SUSHDMEHTA for their golden advise.

Docs submitted:-
Form,photos, hsmp approval letter,tier1 ext letter,last 3 months payslips (stamp/signed), salary account last 3 months bank statements, employment letter,

co-hab docs - both driving license ,2 yrs council tax,electricity,water bills, gp card,election vote card.

please do not hesitate me to contact for any questions. good luck to all future applicant.

Thanks immigration board. now time to follow British citizenship section.

jami
Member of Standing

Post by jami » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:56 am

Any idea of the point of discussion with senior case worker ?

nehalbhagat

Post by nehalbhagat » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:40 am

Hi
I did not hear all conversation properly but what ever I heard was re. my HSMP approval date.
My HSMP approval was according to old rules but date on approval letter was after 7th Nov. that was the topic she was discussing with snr. case worker.

Hope this helps

jami
Member of Standing

Post by jami » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:51 am

It is date reciept of initial application to UKBA for HSMP which counts and note the date of approval letter. Hence discussion with senior case worker is understandable in that context. However their system indicates date of application and date of fee payment thereof.

tryinghsmp
Newly Registered

Post by tryinghsmp » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:06 pm

First of all, congratulations on your ILR
I just wanted to check....how do most people who go for the PEO appointment carry the papers - it seems a bit awkward giving loose papers to the CW upon their request, what is the recommended practice and how did you manage this.
Thanks for your help

nehalbhagat

Post by nehalbhagat » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:50 am

Thanks for your wishes...

Yes,People does carry lots of docs at the time of PEO appoinment.
Because I was applying under old HSMP JR rules, I prepared two folders

One folder contains followings
Form+Photos, last 3 months payslips,salary account bank statements,employers letter,latest P60,HMRC employement history letter and marriage certificate. These are the must docs to have at the time of submission.

Second folder contains followings
remaining 9 months payslips,bank statements,old P60s,cohab docs,my wife's HMRC statment (not required but incase), and photocopies of first 3 months payslips,P60,employers letter.

So simple and straight. make sure you stick post it note on each bunch specifying what has what inside.

carrying photocopies are not important,Case workers will not reject your ILR for that.

I hope this helps. Please let me know for any query.

tryinghsmp
Newly Registered

Post by tryinghsmp » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:15 pm

Thank you very much this is very helpful indeed. I was thinking on the same lines, will make 2 folders.
One more question: when the case worker asks you for say the a, b and c, did you have the respective documents ( say the P60 s) do you have that in its own little folder or did you hand them over as loose documents.
I would be grateful if moderators could arrange some kind of a guideline for handling this, as we are more used to applying through post ( as in putting everything systematically in a binder and submitting ) as against meeting a CW in person and giving what's required.

nehalbhagat

Post by nehalbhagat » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:17 pm

First golden advise - Dont waste money on those folder.

As soon she called my token number, She asked me first my Form and payment details. She went straight to Section 3 to check under which catagory I am applying. She asked " Are you applying under HSMP-JR?" I replied YES and then she asked me all "MUST" docs. Which I gave to her one by one.

Hope this answer your first question.

requesting docs from us may be vary from caseworker to caseworker so I am not sure if moderator agrees what you suggest but NO harm in asking as this forum is very important for all of us ?

let me know for any questions

tryinghsmp
Newly Registered

Post by tryinghsmp » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:20 pm

Thanks so much I am sure this will be useful for everyone!