ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

a couple of question(a bit premature perhaps)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dr_raihan29

a couple of question(a bit premature perhaps)

Post by dr_raihan29 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:50 am

Hi there,
I live in belfast where there is no NCS and I would doubt if there would be any within the next one year. so my question is:

1)If I am willing to fly to london to use the NCS service offered at one of the councils, is this acceptable?(i mean are they allowed to accept appointments from someone who is not from their council area) I really dont want to get my passports stuck for 6 months

2)like ILR had a "elligible to apply 28 days prior" rule, is there any kind of rule for naturalization? or it has to be full 1 year of ILR after 4/5 years of residency?

thanks in advance for the help

nehalbhagat

Post by nehalbhagat » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:14 am

Best thing to do is, Call one of the london local council NCS office,ask them and see if they are happy to help you.

Almost all Borough has NCS service. try Brent council(brent.gov.uk)

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:35 am

1. You can use any NCS (at any of the councils in England, Wales, Scotland) you wish to to apply for naturalisation.
2. No.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

dr_raihan29

Post by dr_raihan29 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:39 pm

thanks guys for the answere