ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Office move from US to UK-Can he keep GC process in US?

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Denebolina
Newly Registered

Office move from US to UK-Can he keep GC process in US?

Post by Denebolina » Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:14 pm

Background:
My fiance and I are both currently working for different multinational companies in the US. Our companies will soon move us from the US to their respective London offices. He is currently in the US with an H1b visa and he has a pending Green Card application that was filed in 2003. He will need an HSMP visa permit to work in the UK, but his company will provide that for him.

Question:
If we move to London and continue to work for the same companies, can he keep the Green Card process going, or will the application be dropped?

JAJ
Australia

Re: Office move from US to UK-Can he keep GC process in US?

Post by JAJ » Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:03 am

Denebolina wrote:Background:
My fiance and I are both currently working for different multinational companies in the US. Our companies will soon move us from the US to their respective London offices. He is currently in the US with an H1b visa and he has a pending Green Card application that was filed in 2003. He will need an HSMP visa permit to work in the UK, but his company will provide that for him.

Question:
If we move to London and continue to work for the same companies, can he keep the Green Card process going, or will the application be dropped?
Get a U.S. immigration attorney to discuss that question.

Out of interest - what's your nationality? (and his?)

Denebolina
Newly Registered

Post by Denebolina » Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:39 pm

JAJ,
thanks for your reply. I am Italian and he is Pakistani.