ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Date of Application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

samira_uk
BANNED

Date of Application

Post by samira_uk » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:27 am

Dear All,

I have a question regarding extension of Tier 1 General. UKBA encourages to apply AT LEAST one month before the expiry date. On the other hand, it says that the new leave would be from the date of decision and not the expiry of previous leave.

Then, when should we apply in order to qualify for ILR? Because as I understand, we should apply exactly on the last of day of expiry in order to be eligible otherwise we will have for example 4 years and 11 months leave and cannot apply for ILR. Then, when is the best time? One month to expiry? Last day of expiry or sooner than one month?

I want to apply in person.

Best Regards

ajf773

Re: Date of Application

Post by ajf773 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:00 pm

samira_uk wrote:Dear All,

I have a question regarding extension of Tier 1 General. UKBA encourages to apply AT LEAST one month before the expiry date. On the other hand, it says that the new leave would be from the date of decision and not the expiry of previous leave.

Then, when should we apply in order to qualify for ILR? Because as I understand, we should apply exactly on the last of day of expiry in order to be eligible otherwise we will have for example 4 years and 11 months leave and cannot apply for ILR. Then, when is the best time? One month to expiry? Last day of expiry or sooner than one month?

I want to apply in person.

Best Regards
It's just a guideline. You can apply any time as long as your application reaches the UKBA no later than 23:59 on your date of expiry. Even if your application is decided after your expiry date it is not a problem.

As for PEO I'm not sure how it works (my application is by post).... but I guess you should aim to make an appointment the nearest to that date as possible.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:54 pm

Thumb rule to avoid the need for an unnecessary additional extension near the end of 5 year period: Whether applying by post or in-person, apply no earlier than 28 days before the expiry of current leave.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!