ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Leave to remain

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Katamatin
Newly Registered

Leave to remain

Post by Katamatin » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:59 pm

I have my leave to remain stamp on my passport which expired when received from Home Office withe ILR stamp.

I have now applied for new passport . My question is if I return to my country and stay more than 2 yrs say 5 yrs then return back to UK with a fresh passport, I hope it will be ok to entre and secure my PR since the authority will not know about my PR status

am I correct- any views your experiences? thank you

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:45 am

See Returning Residents

If you leave the UK for more than 2 years then you will not be granted automatic entry back to the UK unless you have strong family ties here or have lived in the UK for most of your life for example.