ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

learningzone
Newly Registered

Post by learningzone » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:11 pm

Hi SetO30June

I applied under Set(O) category. But my current visa is valid until Nov 2012 so not an issue. I am planning to call Home Office this week or move the issue through local MP as there is no point in withdrawing the application after having waited for 6 months. Hope they have not misplaced our passports there. Just praying and hoping to resolve this soon.

super101
Newly Registered

Re: Only 8 Weeks - Postal application successful

Post by super101 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:19 pm

Congratulations Hindian!!!!

Please tell us what was your VISA category at the time of ILR application and which form did you applied SET O OR SET M?

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks in advance.

hindian wrote:Youpeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Received my application today by post with Visa after 8 Weeks only

My Timeline

Application sent: 16 August 2011
Application Received: 19 August 2011
Acknowledgement Letter Received: 24 August 2011
Document Received 24 Oct. 2011

I am starting new job and they wanted to see passport else I couldnt start...was worried if application took long 3-4 months than I would have lost the job...ALL IS WELL now.

Thank You all & good luck to all who are waiting for application.

super101
Newly Registered

Re: Got mine too

Post by super101 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:24 pm

Very Good news and congratulations!!!!

namoamitabha wrote:Finally, got mine too!

I picked up my passport today from the post office.

Stamped on 14 Sept at Liverpool,
Failed to deliver to my address on 22nd Sept
Redeliver using 1st class post and Royal Mail sign for card left 21st Oct.

*** I wrote my office address in the prepaid next day delivery envelope, but they still use my home address which I knew got some access issue.

Application received on 20th June.
Set (O), Workpermits all the way.
5 x P60s
6 months Payslips
6 months Bank Statements
Employment letter from current employer
**Online application

This forum has been very helpful! Many thanks for all of you and all the best for those that still waiting!

poppy913

Re: Got mine too

Post by poppy913 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:38 pm

Congrates! And thanks for posting. Maybe there is hope after all.
namoamitabha wrote:Finally, got mine too!

I picked up my passport today from the post office.

Stamped on 14 Sept at Liverpool,
Failed to deliver to my address on 22nd Sept
Redeliver using 1st class post and Royal Mail sign for card left 21st Oct.

*** I wrote my office address in the prepaid next day delivery envelope, but they still use my home address which I knew got some access issue.

Application received on 20th June.
Set (O), Workpermits all the way.
5 x P60s
6 months Payslips
6 months Bank Statements
Employment letter from current employer
**Online application

This forum has been very helpful! Many thanks for all of you and all the best for those that still waiting!

poppy913

Re: ILR Waiting since 25July2011 under HSMP Judicial Review

Post by poppy913 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:42 pm

In the exact same situation as youself. Set O HSMP JR - Acknowledgement on 19th July. Still waiting. Stay on this forum and hope to see some good news for July batch soon.
super101 wrote:Hi All,

First of all Thanks to every one for keeping this forum live by posting query / replying on someone's query and giving support to each other by sharing information. I am new forum user, one of my friend suggest me about this forum. I had also applied for ILR under HSMP judicial review, details as below
ILR Applied ON: 25th July 2011 by post Under HSMP Judicial Review case by using SET O form
ILR Acknowledge Letter : Dated 27th July2011 from Croydon Office also payment debited on 27th July 2011.

This is my 13th week of waiting...
All the best to all who are in this waiting game.

alie85
Newly Registered

NTL

Post by alie85 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:22 pm

Applied for NTL Stamp for my first passport (already hold an ILR)
Document send 25th October
Document recieved by 26 October
Ack letter received 31 October
Payment gone through 28 October

Now WAITTING...........
I know the online applications appear to be process quicker than the classic postal ones, but it appears that the relevant section of the UKBA website is down.

Hoping to get something back before 5th December :D
Fingers crossed .
Last edited by alie85 on Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

seto30june
Newly Registered

Post by seto30june » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:40 pm

learningzone wrote:Hi SetO30June

I applied under Set(O) category. But my current visa is valid until Nov 2012 so not an issue. I am planning to call Home Office this week or move the issue through local MP as there is no point in withdrawing the application after having waited for 6 months. Hope they have not misplaced our passports there. Just praying and hoping to resolve this soon.
Hi Learningzone,

Many thanks for your reply. Yes you have plenty of room - visa till Nov 2012 so can wait and I agree no point in withdrawing after waiting 6 months. I think I'm in 17th week waiting, but my visa expiring in Feb 12 so impulsively at times I develop very low threshold for withdrawing - as many of my collegues and friends in similar situation got it so easy with in hrs by applying personally.

Yes do try your best to reach to the bottom of reason why its not issued or if there is any thing else like 'lost documents' or any other trivial reason that can be sorted etc. I really wanted to do that even after 14 weeks but then now unfortunately they are now asking to wait 6 months.

I wish you all the best with your application and do keep us updated - Im just thinking my self to be drawing into similar situation as urs.

In the mean time really glad to hear about people getting ilr, many congrats to Hindhian & Namoamitabha. Enjoys

Sincerely

SETO12AUG
Newly Registered

SET (o) ILR

Post by SETO12AUG » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:48 pm

Hi All,

I've been waiting for 11 weeks now. I wish I had read all this before submitting a postal application! I wanted to phone after 12 weeks because this seems to be the UKBA service standard, but I see that they are now telling people to not phone before 6 months have lapsed. I may just phone anyway to try and get some info. Will update with the result of that conversation.

I have to fly to SA on 9 December to get married and really thought 4 months will be sufficient time to turn around our very straight forward application. I'm applying as a work permit holder with one dependent.

Question: if I manage to get an appointment to apply in person, can I withdraw my application? Or do I first have to withdraw and then try to get appointment?

seto30june
Newly Registered

Re: SET (o) ILR

Post by seto30june » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:33 pm

SETO12AUG wrote:Hi All,

I've been waiting for 11 weeks now. I wish I had read all this before submitting a postal application! I wanted to phone after 12 weeks because this seems to be the UKBA service standard, but I see that they are now telling people to not phone before 6 months have lapsed. I may just phone anyway to try and get some info. Will update with the result of that conversation.

I have to fly to SA on 9 December to get married and really thought 4 months will be sufficient time to turn around our very straight forward application. I'm applying as a work permit holder with one dependent.

Question: if I manage to get an appointment to apply in person, can I withdraw my application? Or do I first have to withdraw and then try to get appointment?
Hi

Unfortunately [or fortunately] possibilities here are numerous

- You may get your passport back tomorrow or you may have to wait for a few more weeks

What I can suggest - if I would be in your situation
- I would call home office and tell them clearly the situation [which any body can recognize to be amongst the most important in life] and request to expedite the application.
- If they don't agree or you you don't get any encouraging response then just call home office personal application appointment and just ask for current waiting time for appointments.
- Depending upon the waiting time you just have to time urself - recognizing deadline for requesting withdrawing application.
- In answer to your specific question what I gathered from this forum is after withdrawal you may get all your documents back pretty soon with in 2-3 days or it may take long - again there is no harm in explaining situation to personal appointment personal and if possible booking appointment asap or at same time of requesting withdrawal - if they agree, so that there is minimal time in getting your documents back and your appointment - also keep any documents required ready [bank statements, payslips etc].

All these possibilities only indicate about the complexities that we plunge into only because we don't get any further information regarding progress of our application - with most important personal documents - not with us anymore.

I hope that help you at least to the minimal, and also I'm sure you ll get better ideas from really helpful people on this forum.

Sincerely

SETO12AUG
Newly Registered

Post by SETO12AUG » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:20 pm

Thanks for replying seto30june!

I phoned UKBA today on 08706067766. If you pick option 3 to check progress, you get an automated message saying no updates available if your application is <6months old, and then the call is automatically ended (useless!). I phoned back and picked option 4 for general enquiries, was on hold for about 10 minutes and got though to really helpful lady. She told me to fax the Croydon office to request my application to be expedited, explaining the reasons why. She also advised that I resend the fax after a reasonable amount of time if I get no response.

She also advised that I cannot withdraw my application and re-apply in person, but only because my current visa has already expired on 6 September. So it would have been an option if my current visa was still valid, and if I could get an appointment.

Application posted 12 August 2011
Letter received 17 August
Payment taken 17 August
Request for expedited process 26 October
Waiting...

doubletrouble

Post by doubletrouble » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:56 pm

Dear Set012Aug

Can you please share the fax number?
Did she quantify "reasonable time"?

jimbot91
Newly Registered

Post by jimbot91 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:49 pm

Hi there,

Long-time browser, second-time poster. My partner and I received our ILR visas (5 years HSMP + Tier 1 General) on Monday.

Application sent June 30th
Stamped in Liverpool on October 17th
Passports/ documents received October 24th.

A bit over three and a half months waiting in all, so don't despair if you applied at a similar time, and good luck.

seto30june
Newly Registered

Post by seto30june » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:02 pm

jimbot91 wrote:Hi there,

Long-time browser, second-time poster. My partner and I received our ILR visas (5 years HSMP + Tier 1 General) on Monday.

A bit over three and a half months waiting in all, so don't despair if you applied at a similar time, and good luck.
Many congrats dude,
My application exactly same time although no news - just waiting
any ways have fun and thx for sharing

Sincerely

Simau
Newly Registered

Post by Simau » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:13 am

Hi there,

I have been reading this forum for months now and thank you all very much for your info and time scales.

I received my passport and ILR yesterday.

Acknowledgement letter rec: 8th August
ILR stamped: 5th October
Documents signed for: 13th October (by the current tenant of my old flat)

I applied through with the set (O) form through the ancestry route. Iwould like to point out that I had 3 1/2 years left on my visa which I thought might make a difference in processing times but obvioulsy didnt.

So just about 2 months all in all. The one thing that I am not really happy about is that they posted everything to my old address that I havent lived at for about 2 years. I have no idea where they got this from which could have turned horribly wrong if all my important documents fell into the wrong hands. It worked out well in the end so the bottom line is I am just really happy that the waiting ans stress is over.

Thanks again for all your posts and information.

poppy913

Post by poppy913 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:49 pm

Congrates and thanks for posting!
jimbot91 wrote:Hi there,

drsohailbashir
Newly Registered

I've got mine today

Post by drsohailbashir » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:52 pm

Hi everybody,
By the grace of God I have got my ILR today
I sent my application on 4th July, 2011
Confirmation received on 7th July and I got my passport today
I applied on basis of work permit 1 yr + HSMP 2 yrs + Teir 1 general migrant 2 yrs along with my wife and child.
My letter was issued from Croydon but visa has been stamped from Liverpool.
I wish good luck for everybody.
Sohail

super101
Newly Registered

Re: I've got mine today

Post by super101 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:20 am

Congratulations!!!!!!! & Thanks Sohail for updating your ILR status which will give some relief to JULY-11 applicants of SET O category.

drsohailbashir wrote:Hi everybody,
I applied on basis of work permit 1 yr + HSMP 2 yrs + Teir 1 general migrant 2 yrs along with my wife and child.
Sohail

poppy913

Re: I've got mine today

Post by poppy913 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:04 am

I concur. Thank you for posting.
super101 wrote:Congratulations!!!!!!! & Thanks Sohail for updating your ILR status which will give some relief to JULY-11 applicants of SET O category.

drsohailbashir wrote:Hi everybody,
Sohail

jchian003
Newly Registered

Re: 14 weeks

Post by jchian003 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:06 am

SUCCESSFUL UPDATE

Am so happy! I received my passport with the Set (O) visa back yesterday 27 October after 16 weeks.

I did send them a fax just over a week ago explaining my situation and requesting for expedition so I'm pretty sure that is what got my visa finally processed.

Good luck to everyone. This is a really terrible process and am shocked that the process is so terrible and that they can get away with holding people's passports for so long with no update provided. I will just warn everyone and tell them to pay the extra to have the same day application as the 4 month wait is just nerve wrecking.

[quote="jchian003"]Hi

I just called them today as I was waiting for my application to have reached the 14 weeks waiting times and as of YESTERDAY 10 October they are no longer providing information on applications less than 6 months.

Application sent 5/07/11
Application received: 06/07/11
COnfirmation letter: 07/07/11
Payment taken: 07/07/11

STILL WAITING

Am very worried that they will now only process applications closer to 6 months and I need to travel to Australia for a wedding in November.[/quote]

hindian
Newly Registered

ILR within 8 weeks

Post by hindian » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:12 pm

@super 101

I was under spousal visa and made ILR application using set M form.

I found it to be very straight forward process. Keep all record from past 2 years in a folder and when time for application everything was there.

I was little bit worries cus my wife had lost the job and wasnt working for 2 month even at the time of application. I was working so send all my payslips and letter from employer and there wasnt any problem.

If you need more advice please let me know.

poppy913

Re: 14 weeks

Post by poppy913 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:14 pm

Hi jchian,

Congrates!!! Very happy for you. What is the fax number you used?

Thanks
jchian003 wrote:SUCCESSFUL UPDATE

Am so happy! I received my passport with the Set (O) visa back yesterday 27 October after 16 weeks.

I did send them a fax just over a week ago explaining my situation and requesting for expedition so I'm pretty sure that is what got my visa finally processed.

Good luck to everyone. This is a really terrible process and am shocked that the process is so terrible and that they can get away with holding people's passports for so long with no update provided. I will just warn everyone and tell them to pay the extra to have the same day application as the 4 month wait is just nerve wrecking.
jchian003 wrote:Hi

I just called them today as I was waiting for my application to have reached the 14 weeks waiting times and as of YESTERDAY 10 October they are no longer providing information on applications less than 6 months.

Application sent 5/07/11
Application received: 06/07/11
COnfirmation letter: 07/07/11
Payment taken: 07/07/11

STILL WAITING

Am very worried that they will now only process applications closer to 6 months and I need to travel to Australia for a wedding in November.

poppy913

A day of gladness

Post by poppy913 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:09 pm

Finally, the wait is over. It has arrived! The anxiety of not knowing if we can go away for christmas or if we will hv to wait for >6 months is finally over! Praise God! :lol:

Here's my journey:

Set O - HSMP Tier 1 (1 dependant)
Application sent: 15 July 2011 to Croydon
Acknowledgement Letter dated: 19 July 2011
ILR granted: 25 October 2011 from Liverpool
Documents Received: 4 November 2011

16 weeks.

All the best to everyone out there.

seto30june
Newly Registered

Re: A day of gladness

Post by seto30june » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:28 pm

poppy913 wrote:Finally, the wait is over. It has arrived! The anxiety of not knowing if we can go away for christmas or if we will hv to wait for >6 months is finally over! Praise God! :lol:

Here's my journey:

16 weeks.

Congrats Poppy913 - have fun..

poppy913

Post by poppy913 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:15 pm

Thanks. Hope you get yours soon!
seto30june wrote:
poppy913 wrote:Finally, the wait is over. It has arrived! The anxiety of not knowing if we can go away for christmas or if we will hv to wait for >6 months is finally over! Praise God! :lol:

Here's my journey:

16 weeks.

Congrats Poppy913 - have fun..

I-L-R-2011

Post by I-L-R-2011 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:50 pm

Congratulations...!!!

Here's my journey:

16 weeks.