ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

iLR under the 14 year rule

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Lcity
Newly Registered

iLR under the 14 year rule

Post by Lcity » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:21 am

Hi guys!
I have been following this forum recently when I found it by chance. it is eye opening, quite assuring and very helpful at the same time. I intend to apply for ILR under the 14yr rule next month but need to sit for life in the UK test first, the problem is that am worried as from the 18/07/11 you have to register your details on the ukba website prior to sitting the test, my worry is that, isn't this a trap? Has any one sat for the test after the 18th of last month?. The other question is that do I have to apply exactly the day I arrived in this country or I can do it say 3 weeks before.
Any advice will be fully appreciated.

Thanks guys!!

zebra3

Re: iLR under the 14 year rule

Post by zebra3 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:49 pm

Lcity wrote:Hi guys!
I have been following this forum recently when I found it by chance. it is eye opening, quite assuring and very helpful at the same time. I intend to apply for ILR under the 14yr rule next month but need to sit for life in the UK test first, the problem is that am worried as from the 18/07/11 you have to register your details on the ukba website prior to sitting the test, my worry is that, isn't this a trap? Has any one sat for the test after the 18th of last month?. The other question is that do I have to apply exactly the day I arrived in this country or I can do it say 3 weeks before.
Any advice will be fully appreciated.

Thanks guys!!
you would need an ID to sit a test, even if its an expired passport. get an advise of a solicitor. and good luck

Lcity
Newly Registered

iLR under 14 year rule

Post by Lcity » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:48 am

Hi guys,
I intend to apply for ilr under the 14yr rule but am very worried because in 2006 I had a drink driving offence of which the court said I should pay £260 plus I was give 2 years ban. This was paid.
Has anyone applied under this category and in similar circumstances? Please help with whatever advice if you know anything or have been in this sort of situation.
Your help is highly appreciated.
Ta.
lcity.

Lcity
Newly Registered

14 yr rle

Post by Lcity » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:51 am

Thanks for your assurance, i have already spoken with the solicitor but just wanted first hand information, I will proceed and do it.

Lcity
Newly Registered

Working whilst applying ilr under the 14 yr rule

Post by Lcity » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:47 pm

Hi guys,
I sent my application under the 14 yr rule last week and now am just having to wait like everyone else. I have a few questions that I want to ask.

1. I have not worked for the past few months and things are getting tough so I want to go back to work, can this affect my application?

2. I need to apply for CRB, can this affect my application for ilr as this is also a home office department.
Any contribution to these questions will be fully appreciated .
Thanks,
Lcity.

zebra3

Re: Working whilst applying ilr under the 14 yr rule

Post by zebra3 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:07 pm

Lcity wrote:Hi guys,
I sent my application under the 14 yr rule last week and now am just having to wait like everyone else. I have a few questions that I want to ask.

1. I have not worked for the past few months and things are getting tough so I want to go back to work, can this affect my application?

2. I need to apply for CRB, can this affect my application for ilr as this is also a home office department.
Thanks,
Lcity.
I would avoid the 2 if I were you,you are not allowed to work and why jeopardise your chance of getting ILR. good luck

Lcity
Newly Registered

Post by Lcity » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:29 am

zebra3 wrote:

Thanks,
Lcity.
I would avoid the 2 if I were you,you are not allowed to work and why jeopardise your chance of getting ILR. good luck
Ta!

Lcity
Newly Registered

Post by Lcity » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:58 am

Lcity wrote:
zebra3 wrote:

Thanks,
Lcity.

Hi guys,
I have another question for those that have successfully been granted ILR under the 14year category. As I understand it, in most of these cases the applicant has a either got an expired passport or none at all. How does the UKBA give the ILR stamp, is it given in the form of a letter or a new UKBA ID card because I don't think they would stamp it in an expired passport.
Your insight is hugely appreciated.
Thanks,
Lcity.
Ta!

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:37 pm

My ILR was endorsed in my passport if you don't have a passport i reckon they would give you the residence card on its own.

Have you tried applying for a passport from your embassy?It is not easy to travel without your ILR being endorsed in your passport.

Lcity
Newly Registered

Post by Lcity » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:51 pm

peppekalle wrote:My ILR was endorsed in my passport if you don't have a passport i reckon they would give you the residence card on its own.

Have you tried applying for a passport from your embassy?It is not easy to travel without your ILR being endorsed in your passport.
Hi peppekalle,
Did they endorse it in an expired passport or yours was in date.
My application was sent with my expired passport but I just dont know how they would give it if I were successful, this is my 7th week now.thanks
Lcity

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:11 pm

My ILR was endorsed in a new passport.

Lcity
Newly Registered

Post by Lcity » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:30 am

peppekalle wrote:My ILR was endorsed in a new passport.
Thanks for your help peppekalle, I appreciate.
Laity.