ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Nerve wracking wait!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

xpscapable
Australia

Nerve wracking wait!

Post by xpscapable » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:22 pm

* Tier 1 dependent visa application submitted: 20th October 2011
* Request for more information asked: 24th October 2011 (want more evidence of subsisting relationship)
* Extra evidence submitted 26th October 2011

And this is the 7th November 2011 and still haven't heard anything. I thought tier 1 dependant visa should be just one or two weeks max. It's almost 3 weeks now.

For every day gone by without news we're getting more worried. Argh ... jealous to everyone who got it in just a week.

ScopeD
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Nerve wracking wait!

Post by ScopeD » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:51 pm

For every day gone by without news we're getting more worried. Argh ... jealous to everyone who got it in just a week.
Processing times differ obviously based on where the application is lodged, but it took exactly 3 weeks for us, from somewhere in Africa, and we were successful. Just keep high hopes and as long as you have all the documents in order, you will be fine and soon your dependant will be with you...

xpscapable
Australia

Post by xpscapable » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:43 am

This is in HK. According to their website in September 100% applications were completed in 1 week. Every day we don't hear anything it worries me a bit more.

I wonder at what stage we should inquire?

beecharmer1800bc

Post by beecharmer1800bc » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:50 am

xpscapable wrote:This is in HK. According to their website in September 100% applications were completed in 1 week. Every day we don't hear anything it worries me a bit more.

I wonder at what stage we should inquire?
Just look at it this way:

If your application is genuine then you've got absolutely nothing to worry about.

So just relax bruv, the UK isn't a bed of roses anyway so enjoy your time away :(
Don't waste your time working hard-work smart

xpscapable
Australia

Post by xpscapable » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:31 pm

beecharmer1800bc wrote: Just look at it this way:

If your application is genuine then you've got absolutely nothing to worry about.

So just relax bruv, the UK isn't a bed of roses anyway so enjoy your time away :(
Yeah I get what you're saying buddy but it's just that when an application is taking longer than it should be, I get worried. Everything is legitimate and genuine so no issue on that part, I have so many "what if" scenarios on my head now it's not healthy.

My last Tier 1 extension application was rejected because case worker misread documentation. I had to re-apply and asked for my money back, which in their kudos, UKBA refunded my 1st application fee in full.

So I've had bad experience with incompetent case worker before. It doesn't help.

xpscapable
Australia

Post by xpscapable » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:54 pm

Got it .. after almost 4 weeks of anxiety it's all over.

Longer than normal but thanks to this forum makes it easy to verify required documentation etc.

ScopeD
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ScopeD » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:41 am

xpscapable wrote:Got it .. after almost 4 weeks of anxiety it's all over.

Longer than normal but thanks to this forum makes it easy to verify required documentation etc.
Congrats mate, I'm happy for you. Told you that it was going to be fine as you had submitted all required documentation. All the best.