ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

requesting the pp back from the naturalisation application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sackcy
Newly Registered

requesting the pp back from the naturalisation application

Post by sackcy » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:54 pm

Hello gurus and members,

I need my passport back (which i sent along with my naturalisation application) from home office in order to send it to ips to make my childs first british passport (he was born 2 months ago and i had ILR at that time).

Now home office is taking more than 5 months to response back and there is no other way to contact them except to write to them.

I just wanted to ask if i ask them the passport for a week or 2 and send the passport to ips for my kids British passport, and then send it back to Home Office so that they can continue with my application, will this be consider as "Withdrawing my application"?

I do not want to withdraw as it is already 5months since I applied.

The urgency of the kids passport is that wife and the kid needs to go to home land to attend a cousins funeral (if not there by time then to be the part of the condolences).

Thanks & Regards

sackcy
Newly Registered

Post by sackcy » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:55 pm

25 views and not a single helping reply?

juliajules1979
- thin ice -

Post by juliajules1979 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:25 pm

Hiya

I spoke to Home Office the other day regarding this, they said that you can request the passport back you just need to call them. They said you should leave it 3 months until you request it back, but as its been 5 months there should be no problem. If you give them about 10 days they can copy any pages that they need and it wont affect the application.
If you call and speak to an advisor on 0845 010 5200 they shoudl be able to help.

Hope this helps.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:29 pm

Phone the HO and ask for the passport. It all depends on the stage of your application but most likely that by now, it should be OK to ask for the passport (as your passport has been scanned and put on the system). You will probably not need to send it back to them.
This is why using NCS is a good value for money.

sackcy
Newly Registered

Post by sackcy » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:29 pm

julia

thanks a lot :)

will call them asap

thanks again

sackcy
Newly Registered

Post by sackcy » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:32 pm

jambo

mate thanks a lot for the advices

regards

sricherry
Newly Registered

Post by sricherry » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:00 pm

hi sackcy,

Can you please let me know what happened after that, did you spoke to HO and got the passport back? did it effect the naturalisation application process.

please explain me what happen finally ?

Regards,
Cherry

juliajules1979
- thin ice -

Post by juliajules1979 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:37 pm

Hiya

I spoke to HO about this, they said to wait at least 3 months from the date of application until you request the passport back so that it doesnt affect the application. They said after this time it can be copied (if it hasnt been already) and sent back to the applicant within about 10 days.

sricherry
Newly Registered

Post by sricherry » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:44 am

Thanks a lot juliajules1979.