ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

intriganka2008
Newly Registered

Post by intriganka2008 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:16 pm

simplegirl wrote:
intriganka2008 wrote:Timeline:

Originally has been supported EEA1 residence card + 2 recent payslips

:cry:
Intriganka, your EEA-national apply for EEA1 together with you?
I'm EEA national and
I already have a blue residence card
so I was shocked twice with this refusal letter

Vaneska
Newly Registered

Re: Congratulation

Post by Vaneska » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:56 pm

simplegirl wrote:
Vaneska wrote: Can somebody give me the telephone number of HO where I can ask about RC?
Phone: 0845 010 5200
Opening Hours: Monday to Thursday (excluding public holidays) 09:00 to 16:45, Friday 09:00 to 16:30 (excluding public holidays).
Thank you! I call in these number before, but never thing that after all information service I can speak to anybody:) so I need to be patient..

Any updates from July applicants?

makiko
Newly Registered

Post by makiko » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:35 pm

Hi, I've been viewing this forum for a while so it's time for me to update my timeline now.

21/09/2011 - EEA1 & EEA2 joint application sent
31/10/2011 - Rang HO to request CAO
04/11/2011 - No CAO but received everything in one pack including EEA1 residence certificate and EEA 2 residence card. Both were issued on 13/10/2011.

My husband is a EEA1 national applying as a part time student while my Tier 4 student visa is going to expire in January 2012.

He used his European Insurance card to replace the private insurance and I was told by the HO that I don't need to have any insurance. But in this case, we will not be qualified to apply for permanent residency after 5 years, which is fine as we are not planning to stay in the UK for good.

Good luck to everyone and hope this information helps.

dotsystem
Nigeria

Re: Congratulation

Post by dotsystem » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:39 am

simplegirl wrote:
dotsystem wrote: No they don't give temporary visa. Mine is still valid till end if Nov, but returned all my document and residence card. If your application is 3 months or more, they most likely to send u residence card. Best of luck.
Hello dotsystem, did you ask HO about return your passport for travel? How long time from date of your application you ask about passport? I will need my passport for travel soon...And still don't have RC.
Hello simlegirl. i submited my application on 26 july, called to return my passport on 23 sept, did not receive it and i called them again on 24 oct, rc issued on 25 oct and received and finished with HO on 29 oct.

You can ask them anytime after you receive COA to be safe.

Vaneska
Newly Registered

Post by Vaneska » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:26 pm

Hi Everybody!
Want to ask your advice. Today I tried to track the reference number of stamp that I send to HO or returning my documents, and it is written this Your item with reference ...... has been received by Royal Mail but we have not received confirmation of delivery.
If you have not received the item please check with the sender that the item was despatched to the correct address.

Did you tried to track your special delivery? I don't know what to do, where to call HO or Post office.

nonspecifics
Member of Standing

Royal Mail

Post by nonspecifics » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:17 pm

I presume you mean you tried to track it online on the Royalmail.com website ?

Many times when trying to track an item I have read " your item was received at..... and is currently being processed."

Even when it is safely delivered Royal Mail are often very slow in updating the tracking info. It is not uncommon, from personal experience, that they take several days to confirm it was delivered, or they never update it, to inform you the item has been safely delivered and signed for.

Keep checking for updates anyway, they might just be slow - again.

Royal Mail will only investigate lost items 15 days after the due date of delivery.

Vaneska
Newly Registered

Re: Royal Mail

Post by Vaneska » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:10 am

nonspecifics wrote:I presume you mean you tried to track it online on the Royalmail.com website ?

Many times when trying to track an item I have read " your item was received at..... and is currently being processed."

Even when it is safely delivered Royal Mail are often very slow in updating the tracking info. It is not uncommon, from personal experience, that they take several days to confirm it was delivered, or they never update it, to inform you the item has been safely delivered and signed for.

Keep checking for updates anyway, they might just be slow - again.

Royal Mail will only investigate lost items 15 days after the due date of delivery.

Thank you Nonspecifics for your answer.Yes I tried to track online special delivery package with my returning documents from HO. So now, I really wait Monday to call and ask about everything!

Godson

Hello

Post by Godson » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:07 pm

Count down to RC! worried.com :)

simplegirl
Newly Registered

Re: Hello

Post by simplegirl » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:52 pm

Godson wrote:Count down to RC! worried.com :)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

kimchi_bb
Newly Registered

Post by kimchi_bb » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:57 pm

Just back from home, I entered with my partner at the EU passport queue, the officer asked, whats your relationship?

anyways, good luck!!

JESSIES

Post by JESSIES » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:48 pm

Applied for EEA on 5 October 2011
COA on 8 Nov, dated 2 November 2011

Unmarried partner situation. Australian-French couple.

chokedup

Post by chokedup » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:33 pm

i applied on 16 aug and i have only received COA today dated 02-nov, does this mean they only opened my envelope now :( and it could take few more months?

JESSIES

Post by JESSIES » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:01 pm

Chokedup - maybe you and I have the same case worker, bec our applications was assigned a case ID on the same day (2 Nov)???

Olliec
Newly Registered

Post by Olliec » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:44 pm

I sent my application and an unmarried partner on the 29th September and today I received my RC!!!

29th September - Sent Application
30th September - Application Received by HO
25th October - Requested passports back by phone and asked about the coa delayed, they said application not validated yet!!
28th October - Requested COA and Passports by phone as urgent
5th November - Received COA dated 01 November
8th November - Received file, passports and RC dated 02 Nov!!!

Total 39 Days!! I don't know if the fact that I requested the passports helped to make the process faster...god knows!!

My case was not simple as didn't have 2 years evidence of cohabitation. I sent 8 letters from friends and family. plus emails between us, flight and hols bookings etc.

Good luck to everyone! I hope you receive your RC soon!!

JESSIES

Post by JESSIES » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:55 pm

COngrats Ollie! If you don't mind me asking, why did you ask for your passport back? Did you need it urgently/seriously, or was it so your visa could get processed quicker?

Olliec
Newly Registered

Post by Olliec » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:12 pm

Thanks!! I asked for the passports because we are going away in a couple of weeks. I requested them by email but never got an answer or anything so I decided to ring them.

I rang them twice, the 1st lady who answered was really nice, the 2nd one was a bit rude.

You can always try and ring them. They said they really don't need to keep the passports for months, its just an ID requirement.

Godson

Post by Godson » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:14 pm

kimchi_bb wrote:Just back from home, I entered with my partner at the EU passport queue, the officer asked, whats your relationship?

anyways, good luck!!

They ask everyone who depend on any EU family. Any NON EU traveling out of the country most go with their partners. Or if the partner can wait at airport arrival. If not they will delay the person.

Welcome back :)

Godson

Post by Godson » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:22 pm

chokedup wrote:i applied on 16 aug and i have only received COA today dated 02-nov, does this mean they only opened my envelope now :( and it could take few more months?

Don't worry... You will get it sooner :)

Godson

Post by Godson » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:28 pm

Olliec wrote:I sent my application and an unmarried partner on the 29th September and today I received my RC!!!

25th October - Requested passports back by phone and asked about the coa delayed, they said application not validated yet!!

Total 39 Days!! I don't know if the fact that I requested the passports helped to make the process faster...god knows!!

My case was not simple as didn't have 2 years evidence of cohabitation. I sent 8 letters from friends and family. plus emails between us, flight and hols bookings etc.

Congrat!!! Calling HO help sometimes ;)

SUNISUP
Newly Registered

hello

Post by SUNISUP » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:20 am

can know how it is possible that you blog on 7/11/11 and you timescale shows 8/11/11 RC Received

Congrates for your RC but its an error in your blog

Olliec wrote:I sent my application and an unmarried partner on the 29th September and today I received my RC!!!

Olliec
Newly Registered

Post by Olliec » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:57 pm

You are right! its an error. 07 Nov Received RC.

Anyway I got it and that's not an error.

SUNISUP
Newly Registered

hello

Post by SUNISUP » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:31 pm

HI i have the same prblem i applied on 15 AUG and now requested Passport back for holiday

called HO on 2/11/11 for passport request
called again HO on 8/11/11 they said passport is despachetd on 7/11/11 and gave me ref number for royal mail

Do you know how long will it take its next day delivery post .
I tried checking on royal mail but no detail

any help will be good

Thanks for your time

[

quote="Olliec"]You are right! its an error. 07 Nov Received RC.

Anyway I got it and that's not an error.[/quote]

Olliec
Newly Registered

Post by Olliec » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:57 pm

they told me that passports are sent within 5 working days, if it was dispatched yesterday, you will probably get it by tomorrow. or by the end of the week. But really depends on Royal Mail once dispatched.

SUNISUP
Newly Registered

hello

Post by SUNISUP » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:06 pm

Thanks

I think the same but lets see hope for the best

Olliec wrote:they told me that passports are sent within 5 working days, if it was dispatched yesterday, you will probably get it by tomorrow. or by the end of the week. But really depends on Royal Mail once dispatched.

chokedup

Post by chokedup » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:39 pm

JESSIES wrote:Applied for EEA on 5 October 2011
COA on 8 Nov, dated 2 November 2011

Unmarried partner situation. Australian-French couple.
yours is same date as mine... is it signed by thomas? wondered if same person is dealing our applications