ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please advice whether i have all the documents to apply for?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Aberdeen26
Newly Registered

Please advice whether i have all the documents to apply for?

Post by Aberdeen26 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:07 pm

Hi to everyone

I have all the documents to apply for my spouse visa on Monday or on Tuesday. I badly in need of a suggestion from senior members or from moderators for my application:

1) Financial test:

My wife works full time for the past 3 yrs in the same company and she earns 900 pounds after tax deduction . She pays only 280 pounds including all the bills for her double bed room in the city center and the double bed room is available for a couple...She has 740 pounds as balance in her account and i have 4200 pounds as balance in my Indian account..

I did work in UK for 16 months and they gave me an offer to work again as a shop assistant full time and the offer is valid for 6 months...

Did i pass in the financial test?? My wife uses prepaid phone and she doesn't have any other bills to pay for....

2)Accomodation: Its a double bed room in a two bed room flat and we have the main agreement between landlord and the tenant..

We also have the sub-let agreement between my wife and the tenant and it says the bed room is available for a couple and also signed by the landlord...

As the tenant is a student, we dont have to pay any council tax and the rent is 280 pounds including all the bills..

Do i require any more docs for accomodation purpose??

3)Marriage certificate; we were married a few months back in India and i have the original marriage document and also the NOC letter from British Embassy..

We have 11 photos on our marriage day and other 15 old photos when we were in UK ..

Are these photos are sufficient for my application???? Or DO i need more???

4)Proof of contact:

We usually communicate by phone and by email. I have more than 100 print outs of our chat communications on faceboook and on yahoo...Even not a single day is missed in the conversation..

We been separated for close to 5 months and i have all my post paid (AIRTEL TELEPHONE BILLS) for the past 3 months and i can see the out-going calls made from my phone and also SMS..

Did i pass the proof of contact test??? Is it required to submit all the print outs or just a few???

5) Notarised copies: I have my wifes indian visa page and her bio-date page notarised by a local lawyer in india...Is that ok??? or do i need to notarise all the pages of her british passport???

I have my wife british original birth certificate as a proof of date of birth..

6) I am very confused about what documents i need to take the photostat copies and what not..

My applicant letter should be addressed to British Embassy in Hyderabad or UK Border Agency ???

I overstayed in UK for 13 days beyond the student visa because of my wife(then girl friend ). I took a letter from a registered psychologist in London and its on his letter head, and he told me the reason that i was suffering from kind of grief and depression(he used medical terminology) because of lost of my grandpa(its a lie) ..

I cant write in the applicant letter that I overstayed because of wife indian visa...How do i have to address this issue?? Do i have to submit the ltter from Psychologist or just write the mention that i was nt well and could nt fly on my visa expiry date??

I did book my flight tickets on the last day of the visa and cancelled and re0booked after 13 days??

Please advise about the success of my application... I did everything possible so far for my visa after going thru so many many problems....

Advise from Gurus,Senior members and moderators are highly appreciated.....Thanks a lot in advance to this forum as i gathered all the information needed from this forum....

Aberdeen26
Newly Registered

Please reply

Post by Aberdeen26 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:39 pm

Any one there to reply for my query?? :cry: :cry:

Aberdeen26
Newly Registered

Urgent attention required from Moderators!!!

Post by Aberdeen26 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:16 pm

Seniors, Please reply

skyepark

Post by skyepark » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:30 pm

there are 4 areas you have to prove for the settlement visa

relationship, it seems you have good evidence get more, letters from friends and family about your relationships and marriage

English -see the ukba website

accomodation, tenancy agreement is good, get pictures of property and proof from landlord that he owns the property (mortgage/council tax bills/service charge bills) as you dont pay CT landlord should get a letter he is exempt from this

finance you need to have 105.95 per week after rent and council tax are paid off, show this in an excel sheet she should have 6 months bank statements to show incoming and outgoing, you should also show 3 months statements,

in your cover letter you need to write about where and when you met how and who decided to get married adn why you want to settle in the UK, how you will make a life there. Also if you have Indian ruppees how you will bring them to the UK

you should mention overstay it was only 13 days it shouldnt affect you, apologise for this.

other eveidence for relationship, travel taken together and 15 photos should be fine in various locations/weather and so on.

good luck all should be concise and in order.

Aberdeen26
Newly Registered

Post by Aberdeen26 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:13 pm

hi Skyepark

1) I forgot to mention, i did have 2 supporting letters, one from my elder brother and one from younger sister and two more from my close friends who helped us a lot in getting married in Registrar Office...Are these four letter sufficient????

2) I do have the photos of the accommodation however my wife is there in every photo....Is that a problem???

As per your valuable advice, i would amend the covering letter and will include right away

Yes i did mention in the covering letter that i overstayed for 13 days because of the bad health condition , grief,depression,stomach pain and suffering from Metabolic acidosis.I became ill becos of my cousin's sudden death news..and also mentioned apologies for overstaying for 13 days and would obey all the immigration laws from now onwards...

I have a letter from psychiatrist,Registered in Britian that i took his treatment for 13 days in London..this is fake ..do u want to submit this or just my bad health condition is sufficient for Entry Clearance Officer???

Thanks a lot for your wishes

skyepark

Post by skyepark » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:56 pm

the rest sounds fine in regards to your overstay they do not ask why you did overstay better not to include the fake letter. Just an apology is sufficient, I would recommend that you do a search for other spouse visa applications and check my previous posts to see what I included in my application.

Aberdeen26
Newly Registered

Post by Aberdeen26 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:01 pm

which form do i have to use??? VAF OCT2011 OR VAFNOV2010 for my settlement visa???

Aberdeen26
Newly Registered

Post by Aberdeen26 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:09 pm

My covering letter should be addressed to whom??? Entry clearance officer, UK border Agency???

skyepark

Post by skyepark » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:50 pm

link to the page where you are seeing the forms, usually there is only one option from the ukba site

address the letter to ukba since that is who you're applying to, you can find out these things on google and reading this forum.