ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language Dilemma for Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Oxford

English Language Dilemma for Spouse Visa

Post by Oxford » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:21 am

Hello Everyone,

Can someone please shed some light on the English Language requirement for Spouse Visa.

I have got two master degrees from Nottingham Uni UK and applying for spouse visa very soon.

Well I have checked the English Language Guidance on UKBA website it says that Bachelor, Master and PHd degrees are acceptable for Spouse Visa.

But when i have checked the application form FLR M for spouse visa, it does not have any option for masters or phd degree????

It is very confusing, Can someone clarify this Please????

Thank You

Regard's

KA

Oxford

Re: English Language Dilemma for Spouse Visa

Post by Oxford » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:23 pm

Any answer seniors......!!!!!!

Oxford

Re: English Language Dilemma for Spouse Visa

Post by Oxford » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:12 pm

Any answer from all of you seniors please............John, sushdmehta, batleykhan, vinny, Casa ????????????

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:30 pm

I've resisted offering advice without being able to confirm it's 100% correct.
This is from the FLR(M) guide notes:
If you hold an academic qualification equivalent to
a Bachelor’s degree in the UK which was taught in
English, you will not be required to take the English
Language test.

My understanding is that as a Masters Degree was a late addition to the Spouse entry visa language requirement, it would also stand for FLR(M).

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:22 pm

If in doubt consult the rules since they, and not the form or the UKBA website guidance pages are the law. See in particular para 281 (v), which answers your question

Oxford

Post by Oxford » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:30 pm

Greenie wrote:If in doubt consult the rules since they, and not the form or the UKBA website guidance pages are the law. See in particular para 281 (v), which answers your question

Thank You Casa and Greenie....... It is clear now. Can you guys please clarify these questions???

1. My both Master Degrees are from UK, do i still need to get NARIC letter, and i think UK NARIC only checks Bachelor degrees???

2. I am also wondering, how should I fill up the application form FLR (M), Because there is no option for masters degree or Phd??

3. Would it be helpful to explain in a separate covering letter???

Please Advise?

Thank You