ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa problems in salary from two companies

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Visa_Novice

Visa problems in salary from two companies

Post by Visa_Novice » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:26 pm

Hi,

I have my tier-1 extention in May 2012.

I was in a permanent employment earlier. I gave my notice to my employer and started contracting within notice period as I had some holidays left so I took those and started contracting. My employer did not pay me my salary in Sep month as they wanted to do full and final settlement in one go.
I started contracting from 23rd Aug 11 and was on holiday from my previous employer since then.
I left my employer completely on 09 Oct 11 and they paid me final settlement in October 11 salary.

So my previous employer paid me Aug and Oct salary but not Sep salary.

Since I started contracting from August so I withdrew salary of Sep 11 from my Company.

Now I am in a confusion. Should I withdraw Oct salary from my personl limited company or I should not? Is there anything which I should keep in mind considering my visa extention?
Of course I want to minimise my tax libality but want to be safe for visa extention.

Is there any problem if I receive salary from two companies at the same month?

Please guide.

Thanks

marzooq

Post by marzooq » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:13 pm

I'm in the same boat, I have left my previous (overseas) employer and I had a lot of holidays, so during the notice I took the holidays. meanwhile I stared to work for another employer.

does it make a problem for the extension if I provide two salaries at the same times in two different places for full time work?

Visa_Novice

Post by Visa_Novice » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:21 pm

Could senior members please guide ?

Thanks.

marzooq

can I claim overseas earnings while in the UK?

Post by marzooq » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:27 pm

I mean that I earned these earnings while in the UK from overseas company.
(actually for a couple of months as a paid leave).

AccountantMatthew
Member of Standing

Post by AccountantMatthew » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:24 pm

Should be no problems - you are entitled to be employed by more than one business at a time and UKBA rules state that your earnings can come from a combination of several sources.

See http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf