ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal processing times

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

barbie1

Appeal processing times

Post by barbie1 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:46 pm

An applicant's visa app was refused because one of the documents was not submitted in original. They were told it was something minor and provided they come back to appeal the decision and provide this document that was previously a photocopy, they'd get the desired outcome in their favour. They did go back with this piece of evidence plus a filled out appeal form. Is there any chance the Entry Clearance officer at their country could overturn the decision after considering the evidence or do they always always forward to the Tribunal? I know the applicant begged for it to be revised there rather than forwarded to the UK as it is a visitor visa could take a very long time and they won't be able to visit at the time they'd planned. What are the chances of the ECO reviewing the case and also what are the standard processing times for an appeal for a visitor visa? Thanks!

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:57 pm

Looking at your posting history, are you charging in some professional capacity for the services you are providing in all of these various applications you are seeking advice on?

Can you be more open and perhaps elaborate on what you are doing as, personally, I don't wish for information that I may be giving freely, to help demystify the immigration rules and requirements for those people with problems, to be sold by someone who may be claiming that it is their own professional knowledge.

barbie1

Post by barbie1 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:30 pm

Lucapooka wrote:Looking at your posting history, are you charging in some professional capacity for the services you are providing in all of these various applications you are seeking advice on?

Can you be more open and perhaps elaborate on what you are doing as, personally, I don't wish for information that I may be giving freely, to help demystify the immigration rules and requirements for those people with problems, to be sold by someone who may be claiming that it is their own professional knowledge.

Dear 'guru',

I am going through a difficult time right now and the last thing I need when seeking some help and support from what I believe to be a friendly online immigration forum, is your idiotic assumptions that I am using the advice provided here to run a business or consultation service or whatever it is that you got in your head.

Just because I use the language and choice of words that I do, by addressing the concerned people as 'applicants' instead of mother and father (as the case would be here) doesn't mean I am 'stealing' your valuable advice. If you got such requirements in the future, put a set of rules for forum users to supply their names, phone numbers, addresses and quite possibly dress sizes as it pleases you so it convinces you they're genuine.

If you would have read through my posts as you claim you have, I have on numerous occasions explained my circumstances. I have enquired many times about myself when I got my PSW after my student visa, then tier2 from my employer, I have also enquired about gaining ILR and changes to 10 year residency rules for myself. I have enquired about a student visa for my brother a couple of months ago which he gained successfully and right now about a visitor visa for my parents which was obviously refused!

I thought I make very dumb questions for the professional eye if you cared to read through them, how could you make such crazy assumptions as to have me confused with an immigration advice expert? Also if I were 1, wouldn't I be able to know the answers to these questions instead of asking you? Do me a favour and go away if you don't care to help.

I only came here to ask this silly question because my father was told by someone at the embassy that he could get the case reviewed in our home country so it won't go to the tribunal and take months to be resolved so that he can come visit in time for xmas even though I think that's very unlikely to happen and I told him not to have high hopes. I am very much aware that whatever you or anyone suggests, remains just that, and is not even helpful as my case is unique but being desperate as I am right now I thought I'd ask for people to share experiences more than anything else.

barbie1

Post by barbie1 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:10 pm

Mummy and daddy received a call today to go the Embassy have their passports stamped after they reviewed the evidence there. Success!

Thanks for your input.........