ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success - 5 year on WP

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

like1034
Newly Registered

ILR Success - 5 year on WP

Post by like1034 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:05 pm

I got my ILR with my spouse in Croydon PEO on 1st Nov based on WP.

I was on same employer for last 5 years.

Case worker asked for following docs:

SET (O) Form
Payment slip
Employment Letter with SOC code
Last three payslips & bank statements
LIUK test results
Cohabitations proof
and copies of above

I asked her if she need P60's and answer was NO!

It took her about 22 minutes and then she said everything is in order and you can get your passports from counter 22 in an hour.

I had total 118 days outside UK, 26 of them were for business reasons. I think she compared my days outside UK with record on her system.

Also she spent about 5 minutes reading my employment letter as in my employment letter my job role was not clear and my HR only mentioned SOC code in it with paragraph 'We confirm we have continued need to employ him in the UK'

This forum is great help and I decided to apply in person and was successful.

Any questions, I am more than happy to answer.

roshni
Newly Registered

hi

Post by roshni » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:58 am

Hi..congrats on your application

I'm hoping you could help me.I would like to know if i'm eligible for ILR this Dec based on the fact that i got my WP on 22/ Dec/2006 and entry clearance stamped on 31st Dec when i landed in Heathrow.My WP was was for 18 months intially until june 2008 and i got it extended again on WP for 5 yrs till June 2013.If i am in fact eligible then could you please tell me when is the earliest date i could apply.

Many Thanks in advance
RM

isda
Newly Registered

Post by isda » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:51 am

congratulations!

can i have a copy of your employment letter or a format of it. i was denied today because letter was no soc code.

mubashir9819

Post by mubashir9819 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:02 pm

HI
Can I have a copy of the employment letter or the format of it. You could email me on mubashir9819@yahoo.com

Your help will be highly appriciated as I would make my employment letter in the same format.

Thanks

Syed

mubashir9819

Post by mubashir9819 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:03 pm

Hi

One more question, what is Cohabitations proof and what did you provide as proof.

Thanks

Syed

like1034
Newly Registered

Post by like1034 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:43 pm

mubashir9819 wrote:Hi

One more question, what is Cohabitations proof and what did you provide as proof.

Thanks

Syed
I submitted followings for cohabitation proof:

Council Tax Bill 2011/20112 - Joint Name
Birth Certificate (Detailed) of my UK born baby
Gas Bill Statement 2009/2011 - Joint Name
NHS Letter - My wife name
GP Registration Cards

I think there are no requirements of cohabitation proof for WP holder as per immigration rules. However the SET (O) form clearly states to provide 2 years cohabitation docs even for WP.

I will advice you to take whatever you have to proof cohabitation - spanning last 2 years.

Re: Employment Letter, there is a very good template on the sticky notes of this forum. You can use that one. As long as employment letter satisfies following two points in immigration rules para 134 (iii) & (iv) then you should be fine. Also ensure your employer add SOC code there.

(iii) he is still required for the employment in question, as certified by his employer; and

(iv) his employer certifies that he is paid at or above the appropriate rate for the job as stated in the codes of practice for Tier 2 Sponsors published by the UK Border Agency,