ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HELP, Spouse of a EEA resisdent living abusive marriage.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bijoux29
Newly Registered

HELP, Spouse of a EEA resisdent living abusive marriage.

Post by Bijoux29 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:05 pm

Hi,
I'm new here and I desperate need help. Here is my story.
I came to the UK in 2004 on a student visa, finished my degree and got a Tier 1 visa.
I met my husband in March 2010 and we got married in Feb 2011. Since I met him the relationship as always been abusive verbally and occassionally physically.Everytime this happens he will beg me not to inform anyone.
I forces me into extreme submissiveness. Just after the wedding He will always threaten me with divorce and so on. I will go and tell lies about things that never took place. Until I decided to start recording everything or almost everything. In June 201 I found out from him that he is behaving this ay because he think I'm with him because of his Passport. However, I never asked to sent my documents. Now in July he asked me to send off my documents which we did in July 2011.
But since then he keep threaten to call the office and redraw his documents.
I recently started an application to Teach Modern Languages in Secondary school. Recently we had a raw and his abused me phycally and as a result I drop his laptop down the balcony. Now he called the police and said I have been abusing him. I have text and recording of him asking for forgiveness for hitting me. But the police didn't want to see it unless I'm the one who dialled 999.
Once the police left He asked me to leave the House. I forgot to mention that he didn't want me to work but to be totally depent on him. Which I refuse I took on a small part time job.

Now this is my dilema, since I sent my passport to the home office it has been return yet. I called an immigration solicitor who advice me to redraw my application and stay on my Tier 1 visa and switch to another status one that expire. However, the decision could have been made by now. They also said if I leave him, they will revoke the permit.

Also called the CAB office and they said the same but they also said if the decicion has been made then is fine and my permit will not be revoke even if I leaving but he has to be in the country. All of this is very confusing and I really don't know what to do. All I want is to be safe and not have an issue with the immagration.

PLEASE I NEED SOME ADVICE.

Azhaar
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Azhaar » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:24 pm

i know that so many women around the globe suffering domestic violence and most of them do not tell anyone.
you can go to the police and report him and show them all the evidence you have such as text messages and tell them that u were scared they should understand that.. its never too late to report about violence, they will go to arrest him and he will then go to court you can as well seek a refuge there are many women refuge out there..

i went through similar things before and not only because i was scared as well because of cultural reason i kept quiet. although he was arrested once because when i dialled 999 and he put the phone down the police came quickly and i was so lucky because they saw my state at the time..

but i had to go and let him out because i really loved him so much but he still kept abusing me both verbally physically as well as mentally until the day when i decided to just go and tell the police and it was about a week after the incident but the police believed me and arrested him..

you just be strong,,
i am still not sure what will happen with my application but i gave the homeoffice the proof of the domestic violence i hope this will help them deciding my case to my favor..

take care and good luck

Bijoux29
Newly Registered

Post by Bijoux29 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:25 pm

Azhaar wrote:i know that so many women around the globe suffering domestic violence and most of them do not tell anyone.
you can go to the police and report him and show them all the evidence you have such as text messages and tell them that u were scared they should understand that.. its never too late to report about violence, they will go to arrest him and he will then go to court you can as well seek a refuge there are many women refuge out there..

i went through similar things before and not only because i was scared as well because of cultural reason i kept quiet. although he was arrested once because when i dialled 999 and he put the phone down the police came quickly and i was so lucky because they saw my state at the time..

but i had to go and let him out because i really loved him so much but he still kept abusing me both verbally physically as well as mentally until the day when i decided to just go and tell the police and it was about a week after the incident but the police believed me and arrested him..

you just be strong,,
i am still not sure what will happen with my application but i gave the homeoffice the proof of the domestic violence i hope this will help them deciding my case to my favor..

take care and good luck
I just was to return to my normal life. I feel like I'm in a bad dream. I love him but I do not feel safe at all.
What wary me are my documents. Not sure if I should redraw or not. I'm been looking to rent a place but he will say I deserted my matrimonial home. So I might I have to go through a refuge.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:17 pm

Keep collecting as much evidence of domestic violence as possible. You may be able to retain right of residence (5.4.8, 5.4.9) under 10(5)(d)(iv).
Last edited by vinny on Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Bijoux29
Newly Registered

Post by Bijoux29 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Bijoux29 wrote:
Azhaar wrote:i know that so many women around the globe suffering domestic violence and most of them do not tell anyone.

you just be strong,,

take care and good luck
I just was to return to my normal life. I feel like I'm in a bad dream. I love him but I do not feel safe at all.
What wary me are my documents. Not sure if I should redraw or not. I'm been looking to rent a place but he will say I deserted my matrimonial home. So I might I have to go through a refuge.
That will mean staying here a lot longer

nonspecifics
Member of Standing

CONTACTS FOR HELP AND ADVICE

Post by nonspecifics » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:48 pm

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:39 pm

I agree with Vinny. Get as much evidence of DV as possible, get police report , keep every record of apologies he made. Try and get a non-molestation order against him if he is refusing to seek help and if you believe there is no future get out.
Tier one might be an option if you continue to meet the requirement under the PBS and you leave has yet to expire. Even though there is so much uncertainties with changes to immigration rules, i am sure you happiness and safety is more impotyant than s residence card.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Bijoux29
Newly Registered

Re: CONTACTS FOR HELP AND ADVICE

Post by Bijoux29 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:41 pm

I called 101 today to report him. To my surprise all the police wanted to do is to arrest him. I don't want him arrested, after all he is my husband and I love him.I just wanted them to have some for of file on the situation.

Do you think at this stage I can stop it from getting out of hand and affect his furture? Can I ask the police to drop the report I made?

Azhaar
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Azhaar » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:16 am

They will arrest him to give hm a caution and if he keeps doing it they they will charge him.. get a police report it will help u with ur documents but now u need to find a safer place u dont want to wait until he kills u..

trust me i went through all that if he doesnt stop u betta leave him he doesnt deserve to be respected as a husband,,

try to speak to victim support type it in google and it should come up.. they will help u and give u advise,

take care
azhaar

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Re: CONTACTS FOR HELP AND ADVICE

Post by PaperPusher » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:27 am

Bijoux29 wrote:
I called 101 today to report him. To my surprise all the police wanted to do is to arrest him. I don't want him arrested, after all he is my husband and I love him.I just wanted them to have some for of file on the situation.

Do you think at this stage I can stop it from getting out of hand and affect his furture? Can I ask the police to drop the report I made?
It is the job of the police to arrest criminals. It is a crime to beat or assault someone. They have a duty to protect the public from violent people including you. They also have to show that domestic violence is not tolerated by society no matter what the abused partner thinks. It is all too easy for victims to be intimidated in to withdrawing their complaint, so the police have a process for dealing with these types of complaint.

http://www.womensaid.org.uk/