ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PLS URGENT HELP-HOME FEE CLASSIFICATION

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

meir14

PLS URGENT HELP-HOME FEE CLASSIFICATION

Post by meir14 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:56 am

I am on EEA2 since 29.05.2010. Before that I was on a work permit in the UK for 3 years. So in total I have been in the UK for 4 years.

My husband is Italian and working on a full time basis.

I applied to LSE indicating my current EEA2 status and residency more than 3 years in the UK (work permit+EEA2). Although the condition for Home student is being a relevant family member of an EEA national and living in the UK for more than 3 years, they classified me as Overseas Student.

I think I am wrongly classified. I should be Home Student, is that right?

And what can I do now?

andrej

Re: PLS URGENT HELP-HOME FEE CLASSIFICATION

Post by andrej » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:39 am

meir14 wrote:I am on EEA2 since 29.05.2010. Before that I was on a work permit in the UK for 3 years. So in total I have been in the UK for 4 years.

I applied to LSE indicating my current EEA2 status and residency more than 3 years in the UK (work permit+EEA2). Although the condition for Home student is being a relevant family member of an EEA national and living in the UK for more than 3 years, they classified me as Overseas Student.

And what can I do now?

I was allowed to study as a home student after 2 years on working holiday visa and two years on EEA2 (4 years together). I first applied to UCAS in 2008 (which is pathetic) and got negative responses from my university choices because they marked me as a foreign student and the course was only available to HS.

I would not take the "no" and wrote directly to my choice universities, explaining my situation. They asked for copies of my passport page showing initial entry to the UK (2004) and then both unis offered me a place and I made it through clearing.

Keep fighting. :D

dasjoker

Re: PLS URGENT HELP-HOME FEE CLASSIFICATION

Post by dasjoker » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:53 am

meir14 wrote:I am on EEA2 since 29.05.2010. Before that I was on a work permit in the UK for 3 years. So in total I have been in the UK for 4 years.

And what can I do now?
Well when enroll i got my marriage certificate and i told them i am eu family member and they enroll me as home student without even checking our marriage certificate.. you should talk with your university and show them your marriage certificate.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:02 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.