ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel to Eurpore - UK ILR holder

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hasiphasip
Newly Registered

Post by hasiphasip » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:22 am

I guess if you where traveling with your spouse then the fact your surnames where the same (if there are) and a copy of your marriage certificate would prove that?

[/i]

gd_chandrasekar

Post by gd_chandrasekar » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:30 am

Hi Maunuchao

Could you share me how to apply for Permanent Residence Card? I got my naturalization and Passport, my wife is on PR, she dont want to get citizenship. We like to travel for Europe, but I dont want every time to get visa's, will this Residence card help? Will my wife eligible to apply for it?

Thanks
C
Manuchao wrote:Hi,
I had a similar problem, I am a non-EU family member, wife is Spanish living in the UK since 2001. I got a Indefinite Leave to Remain permit after 5 years on my own, then just after applying for Spanish visas every year for traveling together with family decided to apply for a Permanent Residence Card since now I qualify as EU dependant, which I got it.

However this new residence card does not state anywhere that it was issued to a EU/EEA family member, which is what it says for a residence card issued under 5 years of residence.

I Have not yet tried to travel with this "permanent" (lasts 10 years) card and without Spanish visa, will do in December. Hope Spanish authorities will believe it was "issued for a family member of EU/EEA" as this is not written there nor in the letter from the Border Agency.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:41 pm

Your wife doesn't have PR, but ILR.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

gd_chandrasekar

Post by gd_chandrasekar » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:45 pm

yeah its ILR. is there PR concept for UK?
sushdmehta wrote:Your wife doesn't have PR, but ILR.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:59 pm

ILR is what the result is called for applications done under historic British law. PR is what the result is called for applications done under EU law.