ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 in progress - urgent travel need

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nfdias
Newly Registered

MN1 in progress - urgent travel need

Post by nfdias » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:02 pm

I applied for MN1 in last week of September for my two daughters born in UK. One of them has Indian passport with tier 1 dependent visa and another has no passport.

I have to travel to India in last week of November and was expecting the registration certificate to arrive in 6 weeks. I would then have enough time to get their British passport and Indian visa.

I looks like MN1 applications are taking longer and this may not be possible afterall.

This now leaves me with two problems:
1. What happens if i receive registration certificate a day before my travel. What is the status of my elder daughter holding Indian passport?
2. What are my options wrt my younger daughter who has no passport. I can get an Indian passport for her in a week, then apply for settlement visa for her from India. This is expensive cost wise and time wise as I may not have enough time to get this done. Settlement visa's can take upto three months!

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks,
Nilesh

ric1982
Member of Standing

Re: MN1 in progress - urgent travel need

Post by ric1982 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:18 am

nfdias wrote:I applied for MN1 in last week of September for my two daughters born in UK. One of them has Indian passport with tier 1 dependent visa and another has no passport.

I have to travel to India in last week of November and was expecting the registration certificate to arrive in 6 weeks. I would then have enough time to get their British passport and Indian visa.

I looks like MN1 applications are taking longer and this may not be possible afterall.

1. What happens if i receive registration certificate a day before my travel. What is the status of my elder daughter holding Indian passport?
2. What are my options wrt my younger daughter who has no passport. I can get an Indian passport for her in a week, then apply for settlement visa for her from India. This is expensive cost wise and time wise as I may not have enough time to get this done. Settlement visa's can take upto three months!

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks,
Nilesh
Nilesh,

I am in a same boat. I applied in september and dont think its going to come through in time. One option I thought of is apply for passport from India and travel on Indian Passport for now.

I would really really like to know what you and others think of it.

Here's my post regarding this..

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#546641

gg234

Post by gg234 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:36 am

If you guys have travel planes you should have used NCS so your passports will be with you.

ric1982 wrote:
nfdias wrote:I applied for MN1 in last week of September for my two daughters born in UK. One of them has Indian passport with tier 1 dependent visa and another has no passport.

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks,
Nilesh
Nilesh,

I am in a same boat. I applied in september and dont think its going to come through in time. One option I thought of is apply for passport from India and travel on Indian Passport for now.

I would really really like to know what you and others think of it.

Here's my post regarding this..

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#546641

ric1982
Member of Standing

Post by ric1982 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:01 am

I did apply through NCS. and its not about just getting your documents back. Its about travelling cross borders when your Citizenship application is been dealt with and timings etc. Please read through the post before replying.

nfdias
Newly Registered

Post by nfdias » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:17 pm

It looks like there may b a legit way to do this. India has 3 months grace period on travel after aquiring foreign nationality. So travel to India on Indian passport. Get emergency travel document from British high commision for travel back to UK. Possibly need exit visa stamped by FFRO. Can experts comment on this? Nót recommended but legal for emergency travel?

ric1982
Member of Standing

Post by ric1982 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:14 pm

nfdias wrote:It looks like there may b a legit way to do this. India has 3 months grace period on travel after aquiring foreign nationality. So travel to India on Indian passport. Get emergency travel document from British high commision for travel back to UK. Possibly need exit visa stamped by FFRO. Can experts comment on this? Nót recommended but legal for emergency travel?
"India has 3 months grace period on travel after aquiring foreign nationality".

Could you forward me link on this ?

nfdias
Newly Registered

Post by nfdias » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:09 pm

Google it. I'm using phone so hard to paste here. Even HCILondon have it on their website.

ric1982
Member of Standing

Post by ric1982 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:50 pm

nfdias wrote:Google it. I'm using phone so hard to paste here. Even HCILondon have it on their website.
Thx

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:34 pm

nfdias wrote:1. What happens if i receive registration certificate a day before my travel. What is the status of my elder daughter holding Indian passport?
If she travels using an Indian passport after acquiring foreign nationality, she may be liable to pay a penalty when she surrenders her Indian passport.
nfdias wrote:2. What are my options wrt my younger daughter who has no passport. I can get an Indian passport for her in a week, then apply for settlement visa for her from India. This is expensive cost wise and time wise as I may not have enough time to get this done. Settlement visa's can take upto three months!
Well, if you do not receive the registration certificate in time, then what you have stated is the only option for her to travel.
Last edited by geriatrix on Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:40 pm

Clarifications wrote:4. There is a grace period of three months after acquisition of foreign nationality (to be counted from the date of registration / Naturalisation Certificate and not from the date of foreign passport) for using Indian passport for travel.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

nfdias
Newly Registered

Post by nfdias » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:42 pm

So assuming I get registration certificate in time. It should be possible to travel to India, then get emergency travel document from British embassy to travel back to UK? Assuming they cant be issued UK visa anymore being British nationals?

shubhoh
Newly Registered

Post by shubhoh » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:54 pm