ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bobbysatya4u

spouse visa

Post by bobbysatya4u » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:27 pm

Hi All,,
I was just wondering if somebody could help me with some questions specially Vinny or batleykhan please.the situation is below.
I m on permanent residence in the UK and got married in august 2011 in India.We have applied for a spouse visa for my wife following guidelines from this site which is still under process.Now i have got problems back at home as my dad is seriously ill and i m moving back to India for may be 6-10 months.the question is what shall we do when my wife gets the spouse visa..she kinda will be coming over for few weeks and then we will be moving back to India til all settle.she will be over 90 days limit for her probational period..what is the best way to handle this situation..any advice welcome.many thanks

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:13 pm

Your wife can travel to the UK as long as the visa is valid and has not expired ( normally 24 months).

If she arrives 3 months after visa was issued to her, she would have to apply for Further leave to remain to make up the 2 yrs requirement for the next stage of application which will be the ILR (Indefinite leave to Remain). It will cost you around £450+ for FLRM :wink:

bobbysatya4u

Post by bobbysatya4u » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:45 am

Thanks Batelykhan,,
much appreciated.so basically if she arrives in first 3 months of visa issue date she can travel to the UK for next 2 years and then we will have to apply for FLR when this visa expires .Am i correct?

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:20 am

If she enters the UK within 3 months (and 28 days), then she may be able to subsequently apply for settlement.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

bobbysatya4u

Post by bobbysatya4u » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:20 pm

Thanks Guys ..I think i didnt explain the situation..problem is not her coming here in the UK in first 3 months ,right ill put the question in another way.While on spouse visa,how long max u can be out of the U.K. 3 weeks max a year?3 months?this is the question...what if you are over this limit..will she have to still apply for FLR when her 27 months visa expires??

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:56 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

bobbysatya4u

Post by bobbysatya4u » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:54 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Time spent outside the UK
Thanks..i have gone through this and through discretion as well
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... cesfromuk/
..seems that it depends on caseworker.Thanks guys..much appreciated.