ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 (General) Extension

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

liewanne
Newly Registered

Tier 2 (General) Extension

Post by liewanne » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:49 am

Hi to all, I am currently on Tier 2 (General). I was granted Tier2 General on 19 July 2009 until 19 July 2012. I am looking to extend my Tier 2 General visa. I am working with the same employer and will continue to work with him.
May I please find out the correct form to use to apply my extension. Is Tier 2 (W) application form is the correct form, also the front page of the form states that the application is free of charge.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:16 am

The application fee is 550 by post or 850 in person

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... /applying/

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 (General) Extension

Post by Greenie » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:08 pm

liewanne wrote:Hi to all, I am currently on Tier 2 (General). I was granted Tier2 General on 19 July 2009 until 19 July 2012. I am looking to extend my Tier 2 General visa. I am working with the same employer and will continue to work with him.
May I please find out the correct form to use to apply my extension. Is Tier 2 (W) application form is the correct form, also the front page of the form states that the application is free of charge.
Tier 2(W) is only for individuals who previously switched into tier 2 from another category under transitional arrangements, and whose total stay in a work category will be less than 5 years when their current permission to stay expires. The form is merely for these people to top up their stay to 5 years

See Extension of leave using form T2(W)

If you don't qualify under these arrangements then you should apply on form Tier 2 which you will find on the link posted by Lucapooka.