ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 extension: Maintenance... URGENT HELP PLS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bolt
Newly Registered

Tier 2 extension: Maintenance... URGENT HELP PLS

Post by Bolt » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:52 am

Hi
Im currently on tier 2 general migrant, applying for extension on the 28th oct at belfast peo. I just want to verify if extension applications automatically claim 10 points for maintenance and english language, without the need to provide bank statements?
Based on the guideline and application form itself, the only docs i need to submit are the application form, photographs, passport with current visa and the COS number. Am i right?
Please confirm.
Thanks!

Tier 2 visa
Newly Registered

Post by Tier 2 visa » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:47 pm

I have recently applied for extension as well and those are the only documents I sent. I was wondering the same thing but a thorough examination suggested that there is nothing else I need to send. Seems too simple doesn't it? But it's good to know that you have arrived at the same conclusion as well. Provides some credibility.

Bolt
Newly Registered

Tier 2 general extension: documents needed

Post by Bolt » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:08 pm

Thanks for sharing. I've even used and printed the points based calculator which confirms automatic 10 points for maintenance and english language and automatic 30 points for cOS for extension applications (working in the same job under the same sponsor). Plus 20 points for salary of 20000 pounds and above/ having last had entry clearance under tier 2 general... For a total of 70 points. So it should be fine right ?
I just got confused and scared because i've been hearing people saying that i need 800 pounds maintenance fund kept for 90 days... (I haven't maintained 800 pounds in my account in the last 3 months).

Tier 2 visa
Newly Registered

Post by Tier 2 visa » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:59 pm

No don't worry about it. You definitely don't need the £800 requirement if you are under Tier 2 general.

Bolt
Newly Registered

Got my visa approved

Post by Bolt » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:56 pm

Hi i just got my visa extended and those are the only docs i submitted. So yours should be fine too! Thanks!

liewanne
Newly Registered

Post by liewanne » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:15 am

Did u use the form Tier 2 (W) application form?
No need proof of maintenance fund? Even with dependents?

safatafa
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by safatafa » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:09 pm

Hi guys

Can anyone please clarify if there is a need to show maintenance funds for dependants who are in uk , where main applicant doesn't need to ???