ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Very stressful experience at PEO croydon Tier 1 extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Happyatlast
Newly Registered

Very stressful experience at PEO croydon Tier 1 extension

Post by Happyatlast » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:46 pm

We had an appointment at PEO Croydon last week.

Within few minutes of paying our fees we were called by one caseworker who just saw our forms and passports and then we were asked to give our biometrics. The lady took my fingerprints thrice but was finding it difficult. She just said that she will use the best of three.our biometrics were taken at 9.45 am in the morning.

After waiting for 4 hours we were still not called by caseworker.I went and enquired at customer service and they said that they are waiting for biometrics result.

We were finally called by the caseworker at 2.15 in the afternoon. She asked for myself and my dependents forms and passports. Then she asked me to submit all the documents I had with me.

I submitted the following documents:
1)Accountants certified letter ( registered with ICAEW).
2)Employers letter
3) Letter from HMRC
4) NI contributions DD bank statement for october
5) Certified invoices for 12 months (from august 2010 to July 2011)
6) Original certified bank statements for 12 months
7) Letter and bank statements for maintenance fund
8 ) degree certificate
9) Marriage certificate

She said she needs 45 mins to go through the documents. She only asked me whether I am self employed. I said yes. She asked us to wait and called us after an hour.All this time she was mostly looking at the invoices, bank statements . After an hour she gave me a letter saying they have to do further inquiries. I asked her anything serious, she said nothing to worry. She did not ask me any question or explanation.

I am quite worried as it was same day service I did not take any photocopies of my documents. I asked her whether my biometrics results are back and she said still pending. I had given my fingerprints in my home country before???? Anyways, another thing is I am a GP and work with the same employers who did my work permit before n now i m working as a self employed with them. The amount deposited in my account after superannuation and other deductions gives me enough points. My accountant has given this as my net pay and my gross pay as before deductions which is more than enough. I mentioned this figure as my gross. My net pay n gross pay gives me enough points for my earnings. I am not sure is it my previous immigration history or the salary due to which they didn't give a decision. The ICAEW accountant inspite of giving guidance notes was not satisfied that points will be awarded on gross and not on amount after deductions for tax. He also rounded off the pence to whole amount.I am not an accountant but now everything is worrying me though my earnings for 12 months are enough whether they consider gross pay or net pay.

Can senior members advice why wasn't I asked questions if they had some issues. Lady just said nothing to worry. Please help as I applied early to be stressfree but this whole experience is really worrying me a lot .

sparsh

Post by sparsh » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:34 pm

Do u work under ur limited company?

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:42 am

While I am no SME, I can tell you that, this is quite common practice. If HO worker is not satisfied with all the documents, he/she will put it under further checks pile and from there on, it will be treated as every other case that goes in via post.

This does NOT necessarily mean you have to worry about it. If all you paper work is legitimate (please don't be offended reading this), and are traceable, sit back and relax. I know this could be a painful ride, but little you can do about it.

Wish you good luck x
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

Happyatlast
Newly Registered

Post by Happyatlast » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:29 am

Thank you for your reply. I had a visa refusal more than 4 years ago and I had to go back to my home country to get my visa. Everytime I travel back from my country something flashes on their screen. I am made to wait and then allowed to go saying everything is fine.This time the immigration officer said to me that he has put a note to remove it from my system.

After my previous visa refusal I successfully got my work permit and tier 1 visa. The caseworker saw my application form especially the immigration page where as everytime I honestly wrote about my immigration history and also attached the detailed explanation as I have done for my previous two visas. I think becoz of this my application may not be a straightforward case. Because I got my 2 previous visas I thought my previous visa refusal should not be a problem. Can only wait and watch.

Happyatlast
Newly Registered

Post by Happyatlast » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:13 am

Got my approval letter yesterday and in earnings section got more points than claimed.Thanks a lot to this forum for your help.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:01 am

Congratulations!
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.