ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CAN I WORK MORE THAN 40 HOURS BEFORE I APPLY FOR PSW

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kevin4mkent
Newly Registered

CAN I WORK MORE THAN 40 HOURS BEFORE I APPLY FOR PSW

Post by Kevin4mkent » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:26 pm

Hi ,

i completed my masters on 1st nov 2011, waiting for my results , my college gave me a letter saying that i can work upto 40 hours per week . I already am working 20 hours per week, now i got new full time job as i finished my studies, i would like to keep my old job and also take up the new job , in that case i would be working more than 40 hours ( around 60 hours ) per week. So my QUESTION is can i work more than 40 hours , will this have any effect on my PSW Visa Stamping. bcoz iam maintaining funds in the bank, and will be applying PSW in Feb 2012.

Please someone help me with this..

Thanks in Advance..
Cheeers

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:12 pm

you can work as many hours as you like after your course has finished for 4 months (on a student visa)....

refer to ukcisa FAQ for more info on what you can and CANNOT do after finishing your studies

Kevin4mkent
Newly Registered

Post by Kevin4mkent » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:18 pm

Hi Arsenal ,

Thank you very much for your response .. now i feel pretty much relieved as i really wanna do both jobs. But to be honest, i dint see anywhere in ukcia website saying that we can work as many hours as we can , but was mentioned i can work full time once i finished my studies, donno how come my college gave letter saying i can work upto 40 hours only and when i enquired them they said i cant work more than 40 hours... HuH...

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:22 pm

well, show them ukcisa site and ask them to quote you their reference for this figure of 40 hours!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:39 am

Please see Comprehensive Guidance for Employers on Preventing Illegal Working -> Appendix D
You can employ a student who is undertaking a course of degree level study or above, or a foundation degree course:
for up to 20 hours per week only during term time; or
full-time only outside of their term time i.e. during vacations and following completion of their course; and they must still have valid leave.
See also UKCISA -> Working with student immigration permission when studies have ended
If you have immigration permission that extends for up to four months beyond the end of your studies, you can work full-time for that extra period once you have completed all your studies
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Kevin4mkent
Newly Registered

Post by Kevin4mkent » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:27 pm

Thanks for the replies, so full time means can work any number of hours or is there restriction of 40 hours per week... any ways i am pretty much relieved as you guys are saying its alright to work any number of hours during my holiday....

Thanks once again

Cheerssss