ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marraige Visa For Vietnamese

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:14 pm

Bingobango wrote:So does this mean as a marriage visit visa she would not have to meet the "(ii) intends to leave the United Kingdom at the end of the period of the visit as stated by him; " requirement? Hence will not have to show significant ties to her home country? Which I am aware is the major stumbling block for most general visit visa applications for people from such countries as vietnam?

Any thoughts?
Bingobango wrote:But the rules for marriage visit visa state

(i) meets the requirements set out in paragraph 41 (i) - (ix) and (xi) - (xii);
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Bingobango
Newly Registered

Post by Bingobango » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:36 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
Bingobango wrote:So does this mean as a marriage visit visa she would not have to meet the "(ii) intends to leave the United Kingdom at the end of the period of the visit as stated by him; " requirement? Hence will not have to show significant ties to her home country? Which I am aware is the major stumbling block for most general visit visa applications for people from such countries as vietnam?

Any thoughts?
Bingobango wrote:But the rules for marriage visit visa state

(i) meets the requirements set out in paragraph 41 (i) - (ix) and (xi) - (xii);
Damn I miss read, didnt read it as (i) to (ix) I thought it was a plus, time to get some glasses it think :(

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:48 pm

Or is that information given by the UKBA wrong?
Yes...it's wrong.

Bingobango
Newly Registered

Post by Bingobango » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:59 pm

Ok well I think if we have to prove significant ties then the marriage visit visa is a no no unless they will accept her studies as a significant tie? Beyond this she is a young unmarried woman who lives alone with no children and only a part time job, so I think it will be hard to prove any significant tie.

Going back to the option of either a fiance visa and marrying in this country or getting married abroad and applying for spouse visa, is a spouse visa application more likely to be sucessfull as you are already maried than a fiance visa?

Thanks

Bingobango
Newly Registered

Post by Bingobango » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:56 pm

John wrote: Another possibility would be getting married in a third country, for example Thailand. But the requirements of the Vietnamese Embassy in Bangkok as regards countersigning the affirmation document would need to be checked out before thinking of going down such a route.

Just a thought.
Hi John

Do you think its possible to do this in Thailand within a week? appharently it takes 2 days to get the Affidavid of single status issued by the Vietnemese Embassy in BK.

The more I think about it, this seems like our best option.

Thanks

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:46 pm

The procedure for a British person wanting to get married in Thailand is detailed on this webpage. There you will see the need to go to the British Embassy in Bangkok, having previously prepared your affirmation document, sign it there, in front of a designated embassy official, then go back the next day to pick it up, then get it (and if you have been married before, also your previous spouse's death certificate, or the Divorce Decree Absolute) translated into Thai, then go to the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs to get that translation certified.

Once it bears the official stamp of the Ministry you can use those documents, and your passport, which is detailed in the affirmation document, to get married at any Amphur (Register Office) in Thailand. No appointment needed.

But for you, you are not marrying a Thai, so your fiancée needs to go through the same procedure, except she will not go to the British Embassy ... she will instead go to the Vietnamese Embassy to sign her affirmation document. Then same procedure applies ... translation into Thai ... take to Ministry.

The additional hurdle for you two is that, I presume, neither of you speaks Thai, so the Amphur is unlikely to agree to register your marriage unless they are certain you understand the nature of what you are just about to enter into. So you would be well advised to take someone from a translation bureau along with you when you go to the Amphur.

Registering the marriage? A simple form-filling procedure .... fill in a form and produce evidence, for you and your fiancée your respective affirmations stamped by the Ministry, and passports, pay a small fee,and then you get handed two copies of the marriage certificate.

How long does it all take? Firstly I say, don't even think about it while much of Bangkok is under water. There is much disruption at the moment. But once it is dry again, is a week long enough? Quite possibly.

As regards "appharently it takes 2 days to get the Affidavid of single status issued by the Vietnemese Embassy in BK", do make quite sure exactly what their requirements are. By that I mean this. Whilst the British Embassy is quite prepared to countersign any affirmation presented to them, as necessary with supporting documents about previous marriage, for example, the Danish Embassy is not prepared to countersign unless the Danish Citizen has obtained a CNI from a Register Office in Denmark. So there is a suspicion in my mind that the Vietnamese Embassy in Bangkok might have the same procedure, given that for a marriage in Vietnam you have already made clear a CNI is required for a non-Vietnamese person wanting to get married in Vietnam. Your fiancée needs to make quite sure! If she has not already done so she should have a look at ..... http://www.vietnamembassy-thailand.org/vi/ , and as necessary even phone them?
John

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:03 pm

Bingobango wrote:Is there a generally accepted time in which its too early to apply for a spouse visa? for example if you have only known someone a few months then get married and apply. Can they refuse you soley on this? Or as long as you meet the "have met each other" requirement and can show sufficient evidence (e-mail phone, calls etc) should you be ok?

Also regarding this requirement "You must show that: you intend to live together permanently as husband and wife, or as civil partners;"

How do you do this? what evidence can you submit to show this intent?

Thanks
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:34 pm

Is there a generally accepted time in which its too early to apply for a spouse visa?
My own wife's spouse visa was granted just 17 days after our legal marriage, and just 12 days after our religious wedding.
John

Bingobango
Newly Registered

Post by Bingobango » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:53 pm

Hi John

How long had you known your wife for before you got married if you dont mind me asking?

Having looked into the Thai wedding process we have now decided we are going to go down this route, its far simpler than in Vietnam. As neither of us speaks Thai we are also looking at using A law firm there to deal with the paper work and translations.

Thanks

Bingobango
Newly Registered

Letters to support application

Post by Bingobango » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:36 am

When making the appliaction for the marriage visa what sort of info should be included in the letter's from the applicant and sposor?

Should the sponsor just write facts about there financial status, housing etc? and leave it to the applicant to give details about the relationship?

Thanks