ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Success: SET(O) WP + Tier 1 at Croydon PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kmittal82
Newly Registered

Success: SET(O) WP + Tier 1 at Croydon PEO

Post by kmittal82 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:29 pm

Hi Everyone,

Just had a successful ILR application at Croydon, and I thought I'll share my experiences in case its helpful to someone.

My ILR application was made up of a WP + Tier 1 (General) + Tier 1 Extension (General). My WP was granted on 17th Nov 2006

I arrived at the building at 10:15am, and my appointment was for 11:30am (took into account train delays etc, better early than later!). The security guard asked me to enter the building at 11:00am

At 11:00, I was let in and through an airport style security check. Once through, there's was small queue where they did basic initial checks on my application, just to make sure I was using the correct form and had the supporting paperwork. Interestingly, the guy checking asked if I had some proof of income from my first employer, and luckily I had my 5yrs P60 forms with me, and he said that ought to be sufficient (even though I had some payslips from the previous employer as a backup)

Once done, he stamped my application, and I was sent upstairs to pay. After the payment, I had to wait 1:30hrs for the case worker to call me (the appointments were running behind), and saw the caseworker around 1pm. I suggest take a sandwich or something incase you get peckish, as well as a good book to keep you company.

The caseworker just asked me for the usual, application, payslips, bank statements etc. I told him I had my P60s as well, with which he seemed quite pleased. I handed over originals of some, and photocopies of some docs, and he told me to come back in an hour during which he would consider the application.

After an hour (you can exit the building to get some fresh air if you want), I came back and the caseworker called my ticket number again and told me my application has been successful. I was told to collect my passport in 30minutes with the ILR stamp on it.

So, all in all a pretty smooth experience, but here are some pointers I would like to give based on my experience:

- Prepare a good covering letter, with details of your visa history, summary of income etc. Mine was about 3 pages long, and the caseworker went through it thoroughly.

- Apart from the obvious, take all the P60's you have. I had 4 original P60's and 1 certified copy

- Take any other home office correspondence you have. In my case, I had my original WP letter as well my Tier 1 extension letter

- Take payslips and any old employment letters from previous employers over the 5 year period

- You can exit the building once the caseworker has seen you, but its good to take something to read/eat/drink during that time. There is a canteen on the 2nd floor, but the coffee is best described as disgusting! Also, keep in mind if you do exit the building, upon return you will have to go through the airport style security check upon re-entry.

Hope my experience is useful for some, and if you have any questions pls email me on kmittal82@yahoo.com (I won't be monitoring this thread)

PS: I have read various comments by people regarding P60's, and it seems to vary between case workers. My advise would be, try to get as many as you can, and if you can't, then take as many payslips/bank statements as you can over the past 5 years as a backup.

irfanlibra
Newly Registered

Post by irfanlibra » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:37 pm

If someone is missing 1 or 2 years P60 but still have the original payslips. do u think that's fine? or the case worker ask for P60 as a must?

kmittal82
Newly Registered

Post by kmittal82 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:00 pm

irfanlibra wrote:If someone is missing 1 or 2 years P60 but still have the original payslips. do u think that's fine? or the case worker ask for P60 as a must?
Should be fine, I wasnt explicitly asked for the P60s but presented it voluntarily.

ayesha11

Post by ayesha11 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:07 pm

kmittal plz tell me what u write inn SET(O)wp form
When did you last enter the UK ( what date i have to write .i was on holidays
in pak for 10 days.shall i give that date or when i entered in uk as a student in 2003)

kmittal82
Newly Registered

Post by kmittal82 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:10 pm

ayesha11 wrote:kmittal plz tell me what u write inn SET(O)wp form
When did you last enter the UK ( what date i have to write .i was on holidays
in pak for 10 days.shall i give that date or when i entered in uk as a student in 2003)
Hi Ayesha,

I put down my date of entry as the date of entry which is relevant to the application, so based on mine, I put down the last time I entered the UK (in 2006) before I got my work permit (despite entering the UK for the first time in October 2001).

Hope that helps

erpfresh

Post by erpfresh » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:15 am

Congrats kmittal82 on your ILR Success.

I have my appointment in a couple of days in Sheffield
Please clarrify few Questions:

1.I hope you have paid with the debit card, my question is did you again fill the payment section in the application form?

2. In the Documents checklist, what did you mention in the documents to support your tier1 points assessment:
I have a printout from UKBA - points,
I also have tier 1 points approval letter

3. Did you also put photocopy of your application form

botech79

Post by botech79 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:27 pm

Just to add to the P60s question that you had,

in my case they didnt ask for the P60s but when she asked for that specifically when I said there has been a change of employment.

Something to note I guess.

marinahuman
Newly Registered

how do you organise all your documents

Post by marinahuman » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:35 pm

Hi kmittal82! Congratulations on your successuful application!

Could you please answer my question :) Is it OK to give a caseworker all the documents in one big folder with clear pockets (each document in a separate clear pocket)? How do people usually organise their docs? thank you. Regards, Marina

abhijack

Re: how do you organise all your documents

Post by abhijack » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:09 pm

marinahuman wrote:Hi kmittal82! Congratulations on your successuful application!

Could you please answer my question :) Is it OK to give a caseworker all the documents in one big folder with clear pockets (each document in a separate clear pocket)? How do people usually organise their docs? thank you. Regards, Marina
can someone please share their experience of organising the documents please....