ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Job offer in sales

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sanjay45
Newly Registered

Job offer in sales

Post by sanjay45 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:31 pm

Hello guys,

I have been getting good offers in sales, paying around 22k -24k plus commission BUT I am not sure if these jobs can help me in getting work permit. I have an MBA from UK plus expereince in sales.

Please advice if solicitors can help me. Also I will be completing 10 years in UK next year november.

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:41 am

if you don't mind can you please tell us what visa have you been holding from the past 9 yrs and ur current status in the UK?

Jeff Albright

Re: Job offer in sales

Post by Jeff Albright » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:54 pm

sanjay45 wrote: I have been getting good offers in sales, paying around 22k -24k plus commission
I am not too sure if this this "GOOD" pay in your opinion, in particularly, after having been in the UK for so long?! If the commission is going to be around the same - then it will probably be worth the effort. This is my personal opinion only, however. It is all up to you.
BUT I am not sure if these jobs can help me in getting work permit. I have an MBA from UK plus expereince in sales.
Ask the employer to find out if they usually help with them. I know that science and engineering jobs paying around that amount would normally qualify for WP. Your employer will have to prove that no one else in this country or EU could do this kind of job, in other words, you have the skills that no one else has. For sales, again, in my view (I am not a sales person), it may be difficult to prove that it is the case.
Please advice if solicitors can help me.
Why do you need a solicitor?
WPs have nothing to do with solicitors. The form is filled by employer and sent out to Work Permits (UK). Simple and straightforward procedure. It is down to your employer how to prepare the documents. If they have done this before, they will do it again without any problems.
Also I will be completing 10 years in UK next year november.
Yes, that's great, and...?

sanjay45
Newly Registered

what have i been doing

Post by sanjay45 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:48 pm

for the 1st 4 year i was a dependent on my father who got posted here through indian govt. Initially I was not taking work permit and seriously and had no clue about hsmp but now it is strucking me.