ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 PEO Extention Success

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

knigh7

Tier 1 PEO Extention Success

Post by knigh7 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:41 pm

Hi All,

I would like to share my experiance, i have applied for a second teir 1 extention for myself and my wife as a dependent. I am eligable for ILR but we do not have evidence of cohabitation for two years so I thought it would be safer to apply for a second extension first just to be safe then apply for ILR.

I had the appointment at the PEO at 9:30

1- We entered and had a security check.

2- Our number was called

3- The lady was very professional she asked for the application first and then passports

4- I pointed out that I had three points on my licence but not conviction (i did say yes to the qustion but wrote that i only paid the fine and there was no conviction)

5- She asked for bank statments and Payslips (nine months only), I also gave her a company refrence letter, she looked at the bank statments and cross refrenced it with my payslips, i used sticky notes to point out the pages of my bank statments where payments were coming in from my employer.

6-I provided my maintainance in the form of bank statments.

7- She asked me if I am claiming pointed for my education (MSc) I said yes, she used the calculator on her computer (looked very similar to the calculator on the UKBA website. I also provided her with a print out of the UKBA calculator results page.

8- She said that I had all the points and will give me the extension. she took our passports to the back room to do some checks and then she asked us to proceed with the payment at the payment station. She explained that once we make the payment that we should go back to the waiting area to be called for the biometric enrolment.

ALL in all this is what we privided for the extention
Two applications my self and my wife's
Bank statments for salary
Payslips
Employment letter (she did not check though)
Bank statments for maintainance
2 photos for myself and 2 photos for my wife

I brought other documents such as my employment contract, marriage certificate, council tax bill ect but there was no need for it.

Thank you for all your help

rohitktm

Post by rohitktm » Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:01 pm

Congratulations Knigh7 for making it.
I have 2 quick questions as I am planning to apply for extension soon.
1. Why did you applied at PEO instead of applying by post? As I understand PEO is more experience so would love to hear your reason for choosing PEO over post
2. Did you get stamp on bank statements? Or just normal header from Bank? I am HSBC client so get bank statements every month in their official letter head which does not have stamp on it? Do I need to go to them and get stamped as well when I apply for my extension?
Thank you in advance.

knigh7

Post by knigh7 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:18 pm

I applied at the PEO just in the unlikely event that they refuse, I would be able to have time to reapply (my extension was expiring end of this year.

I called natwest and ordered 12 months worth of statments, each statment page was on headed paper and original.

Also I lost a payslip and printed a copy at work, with my employer signing it and stamping it