ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

after coming to UK

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bdpolska
Newly Registered

after coming to UK

Post by bdpolska » Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:33 pm

Hello friends, Hope every body doing fine.
Recently i came to UK with my wife and child. I have EEA Family permit visa for 6 months. I got a job also in McDonald for full time. But my wife didnt get job yet. More over she have to look after our 10 months baby. But she is looking for job. hope soon she will get 1.

My friends, my question is can i apply for my next visa if my wife is not working yet ? ( she have NI ref number, yet she didnt get the NI number but i got it). For more information i have 3 months visa more.

Thanks a lot friends.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:03 pm

The EEA national is not required to work. She can exercise treaty rights by other means such as self-sufficient. However, if she is self-sufficient, you will require private health care (CSI - Comprehensive Sickness Insurance) for all the family members.

To apply for Residence Card see here. Read the EEA2 form.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:41 pm

The EEA national can also work part time. So a part time job, even for one or two days a week, would be fine.

cuteson
Newly Registered

Re: after coming to UK

Post by cuteson » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:11 pm

bdpolska wrote:Hello friends, Hope every body doing fine.
Recently i came to UK with my wife and child. I have EEA Family permit visa for 6 months. I got a job also in McDonald for full time. But my wife didnt get job yet. More over she have to look after our 10 months baby. But she is looking for job. hope soon she will get 1.

My friends, my question is can i apply for my next visa if my wife is not working yet ? ( she have NI ref number, yet she didnt get the NI number but i got it). For more information i have 3 months visa more.

Thanks a lot friends.

Is simple, she doesnt need to have any job, either full time or part time, she can be a job seeker, all she need do is register with any job agency, and you can make application for your residency card. you will only need to get a letter from the job agency that shows that she is registered with them and that she is a job seeker. I did the same and is very straight forward. This applies for EEA/EU family members except Romanians and Bulgarians, until they have their registration certificate in the UK, you wont be able to apply for residency card. Hope that answered your question.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:16 am

cuteson wrote:Is simple, she doesnt need to have any job, either full time or part time, she can be a job seeker, all she need do is register with any job agency, and you can make application for your residency card. you will only need to get a letter from the job agency that shows that she is registered with them and that she is a job seeker. I did the same and is very straight forward. This applies for EEA/EU family members except Romanians and Bulgarians, until they have their registration certificate in the UK, you wont be able to apply for residency card. Hope that answered your question.
Did you get a 5 year Residence Card on the basis of your EU spouse being a job seeker?

cuteson
Newly Registered

Post by cuteson » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:33 am

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:
cuteson wrote:Is simple, she doesnt need to have any job, either full time or part time, she can be a job seeker, all she need do is register with any job agency, and you can make application for your residency card. you will only need to get a letter from the job agency that shows that she is registered with them and that she is a job seeker. I did the same and is very straight forward. This applies for EEA/EU family members except Romanians and Bulgarians, until they have their registration certificate in the UK, you wont be able to apply for residency card. Hope that answered your question.
Did you get a 5 year Residence Card on the basis of your EU spouse being a job seeker?
YES.... got a letter from the job agency that she is registered with them and that she is a job seeker, and i got the RC within 2 months period.... now she is working but she got the job after i applied. you can check my precious thread on 'EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate'

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:06 am

its good that you registerd her with job agency but keep a record of every letter you receive or send to search job.

also have CSI - Comprehensive Sickness Insurance

BEST WISHES

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:51 am

Punjab wrote:its good that you registerd her with job agency but keep a record of every letter you receive or send to search job.

Jobseekers do not need CSI

cuteson
Newly Registered

Post by cuteson » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:29 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:
Punjab wrote:its good that you registerd her with job agency but keep a record of every letter you receive or send to search job.

Jobseekers do not need CSI
yeah Jobseekers do not need CSI, only the agency letter....