ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will my dependant be eligible for ILR ?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pvzkhan
Newly Registered

Will my dependant be eligible for ILR ?

Post by pvzkhan » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:00 am

I am on Tier 1 (G) with my family ( wife & 2 kids) we got the visa in july 2009, my family including me entered the uk in september 2009 after 2 months and 18 days.

I have my 1st extension due in july 2012 and then 2nd extention or (ILR as I have entered within 3 months of my visa stampling) in july 2014. All these days my family and me were staying together, unfortunately I have no proof of my cohabitation, except of my wife's altogether 4-5 correspondence letters from NHS, provisional licence, NI letter since march 2010, thats what I have. Recently i have opened a joint a/c with my wife but it just started from merely 2 months.

After me & my family's hopefully will get sucessful 1st extenstion, due to some personal reasons, I intend to send back my wife and my kids to india for probably 1 years , however I would call them back atleast 6-9months before my ILR.

My query is:
(1) Can I & my family apply for ILR instead of my 2nd extention as I have entered UK after 2 months and 18 days later, however before 3 months.

(2) Can my spouse and kids apply for ILR if I can show that in 5 years the were with me for 1 year + before 1st extension and then went back to india and then came back again & were together for 1yr ( to complete total 2 years of cohabitation proof), in short can the 2 years cohabitation proof be in 2-3 collective visits (break ups) or it should be together and continious in previous 5 years.

(3) or else can I show those 4-5 letters (thats it) first being from march 2010 and continious bank statements for like 9 months as the co-habitation proof or it has to be for each and every month for continious period of 2 years.

Sorry for the lengthy query, I just wanted to be more explanatory.

Kindly advise.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:36 am

No one can tell you today what the rules may be in July 2014.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

pvzkhan
Newly Registered

Post by pvzkhan » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:53 am

Thanks for the reply sush.

I am sure and fully understand there will be definately many changes by 2014, however among the other changes, if I anticipate that the ILR (under 3 months modernised rule) and Co-habitation proof remains the same and unaffected, what will be my stand with regards to my queries.

What advise would have been provided to me under current circumstances and current rule.