ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success @ Croydon - Tier 1

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ramu123

ILR Success @ Croydon - Tier 1

Post by ramu123 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:36 am

Hi,

ILR granted at Croydon office.

Applied under Tier 1 General. Director of limited company.

Appointment was at 8:15 am. Caseworker saw me at 9 am.
I was applying for myself and my daughter.

Documents checked:

1) 5 months payslips
2) 5 months bank statements
3) dividend vouchers
4) accountant letter
4) birth certificate of my daughter
5) life in the uk pass certificate
6) copies of all the above

and nothing else. I have taken lots of other documentation (P60s etc.) though.

Did some checks for 30 mins and called me and told that my application was successful. Collected the passport after 40 mins or so.

Previously, a week back, I had booked an appointment earlier and went to croydon but was asked for the authorization letter or passport of my wife as i have included my daughter in the application but not my wife. They need this under child protection act. So he said my application will not be considered. I didn't find this information anywhere. So was sent back.

Interenstingly, they didn't ask for this documentation this time!

Thanks for all your help forum.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:46 am

You state 5 months's payslips and 5 months' bank statements.

If you applied under Tier 1 (General), I assume then that this 5 months' salary + devidend payouts were enough to claim points that you needed for income. Or are you covered by HSMP JR?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ramu123

Post by ramu123 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:51 am

Yes, my 5 months payslips + dividend vouchers were enough for me to be eligible under Tier 1 General rules applied to me.

seanjoe
Mood:
United States of America

Post by seanjoe » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:31 am

ramu123 wrote:Yes, my 5 months payslips + dividend vouchers were enough for me to be eligible under Tier 1 General rules applied to me.

From the above post, and submitting an accountant letter, it has become very clear that if you are a director of a limited company (and for the sake of this forum, we can assume that most director queries are one man or max. 2 people companies - and thus a major shareholder), you are being classed as self-employed; which goes AGAINST what all the seniors and moderators have confirmed thus far.
A very confusing situation for people like me who don't know what their status is for UKBA policy.
sean

ramu123

Post by ramu123 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:40 am

I agree with the other guys.
Director of a limited company technically is not same as Self employed. For self employed as per Home Office, they also ask for invoices etc which I or others didn't submit.

barker

Post by barker » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:42 am

Could you please confirm what basis points were calculated for age. Did they take your age when you were granted leave to enter 5 years ago or did they take the age at the point of extension 2 years ago

ramu123

Post by ramu123 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:53 am

If you are claiming points for age, it will be points that you earn under your visa at the time of applying. Past age doesn't matter.

But the points that you may earn for your current age is different for different visas, time of visas etc. No matter what, it will be your current age that you can claim your points for.

barker

Post by barker » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:00 pm

ramu123 wrote:If you are claiming points for age, it will be points that you earn under your visa at the time of applying. Past age doesn't matter.

But the points that you may earn for your current age is different for different visas, time of visas etc. No matter what, it will be your current age that you can claim your points for.
Hi Ramu,

My wife will be applying for ILR under Tier 1G next year and does not fall under the HSMP JR category. The common consensus so far is that the points allotted for age should be on the basis of your first grant of leave to remain in the UK. Since all applications so far have been under the JR route i was interested in finding out what points were allotted in your case.

Or are you saying that you were allotted points based on your current age? This seems contrary to the guidance available.

ramu123

Post by ramu123 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:07 pm

Yes, it is on the basis of first Tier1 G visa rules. But the points will be awarded agaisnt the current age but not the age at the time of first Tier1 G application.

That's my understanding. Wait for some seniors to clarify on this.

For ILR they don't tell you how many points they have awarded like in Tier 1 G application.

barker

Post by barker » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:15 pm

I was not aware that the points are not disclosed. Could you tell me what points you claimed for age on the application form SET O when you applied then. Did you claim as per your age 5 years back? Does the case worker ask at all about the basis of the points you have mentioned on the form for any of the criteria, i.e age, qualifications, earnings etc

ramu123

Post by ramu123 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:12 pm

My current age, as I already mentioned.

They don't ask but they will calculate if you have earned enough points based on the evidence you provide.

nearlythere
Newly Registered

Post by nearlythere » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:58 pm

Hello ramu123 - congratulations .. I am in kind of the same situation as you were and will be going for my interview in a couple of weeks (though I am under JR).

I just have a couple of questions - did your personal bank statements coincide with your pay slips and dividend certificates?

For the previous year I have left all my funds in my company accounts, so payslips do not coincide with any transactions on my personal bank statements.

Also - did you bring in your company's bank statements as well?

Thanks for any advice.

ramu123

Post by ramu123 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:09 pm

Yes, my payslips matched with bankstatements though there is couple of days difference in the dates.
Well, I put only the matched ones that's why 5 months! :)

Yes, I took my company bank statements, but they didn't ask me. They have asked some people in the past though.

hsmpengineer
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by hsmpengineer » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:33 pm

ramu123 wrote:If you are claiming points for age, it will be points that you earn under your visa at the time of applying. Past age doesn't matter.

This IS incorrect information.

rock_star
India

Post by rock_star » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:53 am

Hi Ramu/All,

I am working as contractor with me as sole director of my Limited company.

The accountancy company that deals with my account is saying they will issue the accountant letter which will have earning post tax and deductions. And, will not write before tax/deductions earnings.

I am worried that this will cause less salary/earnings to qualify. Just wanted to check if gross earnings of limited company are considered for visa or net earnings?

Please reply. Any sample accountant letter would be helpful.

Thanks.