ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

timeli for British Nationality once allocated to Case worker

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rajitengg
Newly Registered

timeli for British Nationality once allocated to Case worker

Post by rajitengg » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:37 pm

Hi Guys,

I applied for british nationality some time in September 2011, got the acknowledgement straightaway. Called Last week and came to know its with the case worker. do you know how long will it take to tell me the outcome after it has been allocated to the case worker. I applied self, not through NCS.

Thanks,

Raj

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:15 pm

Whether you applied directly or through NCS will make no difference.

There is no absolute guide for how long it will take. Depends on how busy your caseworker is.

Also on where you have lived. If you are a Canadian citizen and always lived there before moving to the UK, then you can expect the security checks will take less time than if you are Afgahni and have lived there and in Iran before coming to the UK. (These are made up examples of course!)

shs213

Re: timeli for British Nationality once allocated to Case wo

Post by shs213 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:50 pm

rajitengg wrote:Hi Guys,

I applied for british nationality some time in September 2011, got the acknowledgement straightaway. Called Last week and came to know its with the case worker. do you know how long will it take to tell me the outcome after it has been allocated to the case worker. I applied self, not through NCS.

Thanks,

Raj
Generally speaking, once allocatd a decision is made in few days! Not sure how you managed to find the status (being below 6 monts) if you lucky, try the same route in few days and all other things being equal you will hear a decision is made...

ric1982
Member of Standing

Post by ric1982 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:42 am

rajitengg wrote:Hi Guys,

Thanks,

Raj
It doesnt look like its going to be long mate.. :) Out of interest how did you managed to get telephone operator to say weather the case is assigned to case worker or not. Whenever I call they say they cant give any update before 6 months!!

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:47 am

shs213 wrote:Generally speaking, once allocatd a decision is made in few days!
Are there exceptions to this?

rajitengg
Newly Registered

Post by rajitengg » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:20 pm

Thanks for guidance and help guys.
I am an indian national. I called them up and told that I am going on holiday in December. But would like to know if I can get eh passport, they advised me that it can be done. But normally it will 3 -6 month. I told I can cancel my holiday thats not a problem, I can rebook my holiday next year if its near the end stage. Then I gave the reference where he told it's allocated to the case worker..I called again today, but they werent giving me any status on my record. I am not sure why they are taking a very long time to respond.