ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SOC requirement - HELP

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

simple.but.honest
Newly Registered

SOC requirement - HELP

Post by simple.but.honest » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:06 pm

Hi,

On behalf of my friend, I would like to ask about SOC requirement. If SOC list has only manager level job title although the person is just at officer level same title but not manager, what salary should we consider in this case?

I hope I have made it clear for the Gurus :).

Thanks for helping and answering my questions.

The Station Agent
United Kingdom

Post by The Station Agent » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:33 am

what exactly is their job title then?

simple.but.honest
Newly Registered

Post by simple.but.honest » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:33 pm

The Station Agent wrote:what exactly is their job title then?
HR Officer! Thanks

simple.but.honest
Newly Registered

Post by simple.but.honest » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:45 pm

simple.but.honest wrote:
The Station Agent wrote:what exactly is their job title then?
HR Officer! Thanks
Nobody has anything to say?? where are all the gurus?

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:54 pm

you need to select the job title which closely corresponds to the actual job description of your job. Only then, you proceed to select job title from code of practice.

if you cant find anything/SOC code relevant, well look harder!. if still nothing, then i am afraid you cant switch to tier 2.

if that job title requires an appropriate salary of 20k, then your employer must be willing to pay you 20k

simple.but.honest
Newly Registered

Post by simple.but.honest » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:24 pm

arsenal49 wrote:you need to select the job title which closely corresponds to the actual job description of your job. Only then, you proceed to select job title from code of practice.

if you cant find anything/SOC code relevant, well look harder!. if still nothing, then i am afraid you cant switch to tier 2.

if that job title requires an appropriate salary of 20k, then your employer must be willing to pay you 20k
So This means only Managers are allowed to switch into Tier 2 even if the officer level salary is 20k they cannot switch because their title of Job is not in the SOC list? is that what you are saying?

Cheers

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:04 pm

If job description is same but your job title differs (from UKBA's interpretation), you should talk to your employer about changing your job title to whatever is mentioned on Code of practice.

If that is NOT possible/feasible, for whatever reason, then what you (your employer) need to do is write a job title, as per UKBA's interpretation, on your Certificate of Sponsorship but mention in "sponsor's notes" section (on Sponsor Management System) that in practice, you will continue to use your present xyz job title because job description of the both job title matches.

This is the advice UKBA gave to my employer so i am assuming this equally applies to you. If in doubt, contact UKBA on employer's helpline. (only employer can get advice via this number, not an employee!)