ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:52 pm

shade...ma hubby did the TOEIC test in peshawar...pm me if u need any information...jzk..

mundauk

Post by mundauk » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:36 pm

No-one seems to answer my question.

Where can you do A1 english test in Lahore?

After how long do you get results? how long do you have to study for the test? No UKBA Approved in Faisalabad?

UKBA List just confuses me even more. PC won't open pdf file.

shade00
Member of Standing

Post by shade00 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:57 am

XnailaX wrote:shade...ma hubby did the TOEIC test in peshawar...pm me if u need any information...jzk..
Oh cool, How did he find the exam? My wife seems to be confident she feels she should be able to pass it. If it wasn't for the changes in the UKBA approved board list i would have been applying for the visa next month! She had passed her A1 on the old list but as it had changed it was compulsory for her to undertake one from the new list.

shade00
Member of Standing

Post by shade00 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:59 am

Exquisit33 wrote:
shade00 wrote:
Exquisit33 wrote:
shade00 wrote:
Usually on registered delivery it takes around 3 weeks for me.
Some of mine have even taken 4 weeks.
Thank you shade00. I was wondering why my letter hasn't reached there yet, I also think Eid would mean post offices would also be closed! When I sent it, post office man said it normally would take 1 week.. so I was confused. Thanks!
Yeah due to Eid it could prolong the duration of the letter getting there. Also it depends how quick it gets to the designated post office, or location of p/o in pak. The one i use from A.K mirpur ends takes 3-4 weeks. Its the same both ways wether i send my wife something and vice versa. I've sent a card around mid octover and she still has not received it. Wouldn't be surprised if the post office employees over there fiddle around with post. Thats why i feel a little cautious when i send a gift.
Thats why its really important to keep the postal reciepts when you send anything.
Thanks yeah its been about 3 weeks for me too mid Oct as well, still waiting for the letter to reach its destination.. Insh'Allah I hope it gets there safely. Thank you for your reply shade00. I sent using normal post, not signed or anything :?
When i sent unregistered post my wife never got it at all. She has only been recieving it since i've been sending registered deliveries. Think it also depends on how your spouses local post office is set up. Inshallah all will go well.

amber98kaka
Newly Registered

Post by amber98kaka » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:23 pm

hey nokia congrats on visa was it a spouse visa u aaplied for?

kmamood
Newly Registered

Post by kmamood » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:38 pm

Salaam to all
can anyone help me my hubbys comming to uk next sunday n i dnt have a clue on what he will be asked at the airport. What kind off questions he will be asked?im nt sure pls sum one help

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:05 pm

shade00 wrote:
Exquisit33 wrote:
shade00 wrote:
Exquisit33 wrote:
Thank you shade00. I was wondering why my letter hasn't reached there yet, I also think Eid would mean post offices would also be closed! When I sent it, post office man said it normally would take 1 week.. so I was confused. Thanks!
Yeah due to Eid it could prolong the duration of the letter getting there. Also it depends how quick it gets to the designated post office, or location of p/o in pak. The one i use from A.K mirpur ends takes 3-4 weeks. Its the same both ways wether i send my wife something and vice versa. I've sent a card around mid octover and she still has not received it. Wouldn't be surprised if the post office employees over there fiddle around with post. Thats why i feel a little cautious when i send a gift.
Thats why its really important to keep the postal reciepts when you send anything.
Thanks yeah its been about 3 weeks for me too mid Oct as well, still waiting for the letter to reach its destination.. Insh'Allah I hope it gets there safely. Thank you for your reply shade00. I sent using normal post, not signed or anything :?
When i sent unregistered post my wife never got it at all. She has only been recieving it since i've been sending registered deliveries. Think it also depends on how your spouses local post office is set up. Inshallah all will go well.
What's difference between registered and unregistered? I remember post office giving me a stamp of £1.10 and a sticker saying Air Mail.. nothing else.. no receipt they just said put it in the postbox :shock:
Allah is the greatest!

aaaaaa123

Post by aaaaaa123 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:14 pm

Hi
Can sumbody tell me what order to present my documents in.
Thanks

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:53 pm

^^^ sis

sum1 on the forum gave me this...oput them in this order..i did..

there is no such order to maintain normally

1) Application form
2) TB Test Cert
3) A1 test
4) Nikah nama's (English,urdu)
5) wedding pic,wedding card etc
6) sponsors 's Employment details
Letter from employer, payslips , bank statements ,p60,
7) Accommodation details
letter from parents if you are living with them , title registry , fuel bills telephone council tax bill,
Proof of communication
call history (dont rely on cards only) greeting cards etc
sponsor 's passport copy (full) if possible get attested from solicitor

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:57 pm

kmahmood..sum1 gave me this on forum bfore..i think it was shadow bro..

Questions asked upon arrival to the UK
1.Why have you come to UK?

2.Who are you going to settle with?

3.Wife's name, Date of Birth and Job Title?

4.How long have you been married?

5.Address in the UK

6.Is this your first time in the UK?

7.Is your wife waiting outside?

8.Is your wife travelling with you?

9.When did you first meet?

10.Was the marriage arranged or love?

11.What was your relationship before marriage?

12.How long do you intend to stay in the UK?

13.When did you get married (Month, year)?

14.Have you been to UK before?

hope it helps!

aaaaaa123

Post by aaaaaa123 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:03 pm

Can sumbody tell me where i can request land registry from

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:06 pm

aaaaaa123 wrote:Can sumbody tell me where i can request land registry from

I got it from a solicitor.
Allah is the greatest!

nokia
Newly Registered

Post by nokia » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:30 am

amber98kaka wrote:hey nokia congrats on visa was it a spouse visa u aaplied for?

Thanks alot... yes it was a spouse VISA and in this case i was the one seeking clearance :)

faysal
Newly Registered

Post by faysal » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:15 am

Exquisit33 wrote:
aaaaaa123 wrote:Can sumbody tell me where i can request land registry from

I got it from a solicitor.
You can get it from land registery website for £3

faysal
Newly Registered

Post by faysal » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:28 am

kmamood wrote:Salaam to all
can anyone help me my hubbys comming to uk next sunday n i dnt have a clue on what he will be asked at the airport. What kind off questions he will be asked?im nt sure pls sum one help
Don't worry....the question they ask are just standard questions like what's the your sponsers age and relationship with you. They might ask for address etc....my wife and son came before eid and all they asked her was my name and date of birth....nothing else

aaaaaa123

Post by aaaaaa123 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:12 pm

Hi
CAN U SEND ME THE LINK 4 LAND REGISTRY WEBSITE N CAN U TELL ME DO I NEED OFFICIAL OR UNOFFICIAL DEEDS
THANKS

shade00
Member of Standing

Post by shade00 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:58 pm

Exquisit33 check pm and XnailaX.

TxS
Newly Registered

Post by TxS » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:12 pm

faysal wrote:
Don't worry....the question they ask are just standard questions like what's the your sponsers age and relationship with you. They might ask for address etc....my wife and son came before eid and all they asked her was my name and date of birth....nothing else
@ Faysal.

You know the cover letter you wrote when you gave your wife's paspport, did you attach proof of planned travel (like a ticket to UK)? thanks mate

Visa321

Post by Visa321 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:44 pm

Hi, I am inshallah going to be travelling to Pakistan in the begining of December to take all the paperwork and get it submitted and spend some time with my wife.

I want to submit the application in Mirpur and and wanted to know how much in advance I shoul book my appointment, as I am going for 3 weeks and I dont want to be in a situation were theres no available appointents whilst Im there. Basically is it easy to get an appointment? How much in advance should I call to book an appointment?

And secondly in relation to the TB test will my wife get her TB test result paper on the same day as the appointment or will we have to wait and wait and wait as we doing for the English language certificate (7 weeks now).

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thrillseeker
Newly Registered

IELTS

Post by Thrillseeker » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:31 pm

Does any know how long it takes for the IELTS certificate to arrive from the british council after sitting the exam in Karachi?

faysal
Newly Registered

Post by faysal » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:05 pm

aaaaaa123 wrote:Hi
CAN U SEND ME THE LINK 4 LAND REGISTRY WEBSITE N CAN U TELL ME DO I NEED OFFICIAL OR UNOFFICIAL DEEDS
THANKS
http://www.landregistry.gov.uk/

hmm i dont know whats the difference between offical and unoffical deeds....lol..sorry....but that doesnt really matter becuase the deeds should have the name(s) of the person who owns the house and how much they paid for it etc....basic info....my was 2 pages thats all..

faysal
Newly Registered

Post by faysal » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:09 pm

TxS wrote:
faysal wrote:
@ Faysal.

You know the cover letter you wrote when you gave your wife's paspport, did you attach proof of planned travel (like a ticket to UK)? thanks mate
Not really...i just stated we wanted to travel on this date......some people say if you get a pnr from travel agent i.e you want to reserve a seat they give visa quick.....but i didnt and still got the visa stamped quickly

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:04 am

I have a quick question.. one of the reasons my husband's visa was refused was due to lack of communication, however bearing in mind we submitted initial application as soon as I got back from Pakistan (just after I got married). There was a months gap in between.. we sent calling cards but they did not accept.

Now we are emailing each other which did not occur before the refusal and we now have print outs of my husband's phone bills (I managed to print these off) to show that he is calling and texting me. We have appealed and only managed to send a letter from my husband's mobile company to show he calls me as the company said they cannot give more.. thus bills were not given that time.. only 1 or 2 emails we sent with appeal but that were also dated after the refusal.

If they question us and say why all this evidence now and not before refusal (i.e. originally submitted) what could be our stand? I am worried it may fall against us.. please anyone any advice would be appreciated! Or if you been in a similar situation, I would liek to hear your views. Thank you.
Allah is the greatest!

amber98kaka
Newly Registered

Post by amber98kaka » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:28 am

Ready for collection today hope I do receive good news x

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:37 am

amber sis...yeahhhh..told u u wil hear sumthing this week..i pray ur huby has been granted visa!!..

exquisit sis..my sister spent 1 year wiv ehr huby after marriage and came tbk to sort her hubys docs out for case..the eco also rjected her case on lack of comunicaiton..well duhh!!..she was in paksatn wiv him for over a year, so wht better communication is ther than that!..she too jus sent calling cards..so jus don't worry....in her appeal, her solicitor said al that in it and dint send anything regarding her contact except for her entry and exit stamps to pakistan :)...inshallah it'll b ok :)..xx...

she dint hav any skype/cards nothing at all :)..xx..dont worry sis...ur decisions wil b overturned soon!