ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport new baby, born to ILR and british citizen

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pengu
Newly Registered

British Passport new baby, born to ILR and british citizen

Post by pengu » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:06 am

Hi

I am british, my partner has ILR, we have been outside UK more than 2 years.

We have a baby girl, she is now 3 yrs.

I have been unable to get her a birth certificate, so her birth is not registered.

I need to be in UK to look after my mother, how should I proceed to get my daughter british passport or visa so that we can return to UK?

thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:23 am

Why were you unable to get her a birth certificate?

Are you British otherwise than by descent?

See also passports.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

pengu
Newly Registered

Post by pengu » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:24 pm

hi vinny,

The paperwork from hospital was rejected at the local registrars office no reason given, they scribbled over the application and shouted a lot. This was my second attempt to get. I hope to try again soon, but am not holding out for any change. I am now also worried about my partners ILR expiring.

I visited foreign office in london, despite trying to explain, i was sent away by ladies at entrance, saying everything needs to be done abroad. I accept this, but it i really am at a loss as at how to proceed.

This problem of lack of birth certificate for my youngest is a major problem for my family because prevents the six of us, majority british, travelling and being together.

thanks for your help

pengu
Newly Registered

Post by pengu » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:27 pm

I am the father, I am british, and all my ancestors are british. the mother has ILR, lived here 20 yrs. first 3 children born in UK and british, youngest no birth certificate.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:18 pm

Unfortunately, you cannot prove that you're the child's father without the child's local birth certificate or a DNA test or a court order.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

pengu
Newly Registered

Post by pengu » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:49 am

what is the procedure with dna test?

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:53 am

rajaiizahir
Newly Registered

Re: British Passport new baby, born to ILR and british citiz

Post by rajaiizahir » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:03 pm

It is possible to get citizenship for child who is adopted let alone own child. You can get your child as British even with a non-British birth certificate which I suppose you have one. It is not immediately required to have DNA test sort of thing if you have other documentary evidence like hospital admission and discharge certificate, photographs or birth certificate etc showing you and your wife as parents of the child. You can apply for the child's right of abode or asking for confirmation of his status by applying on NS Form. However, your wife being on ILR absent from the UK for more than two years would potentially create problem.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British Passport new baby, born to ILR and british citiz

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:10 pm

rajaiizahir wrote:It is possible to get citizenship for child who is adopted let alone own child. You can get your child as British even with a non-British birth certificate which I suppose you have one. It is not immediately required to have DNA test sort of thing if you have other documentary evidence like hospital admission and discharge certificate, photographs or birth certificate etc showing you and your wife as parents of the child. You can apply for the child's right of abode or asking for confirmation of his status by applying on NS Form. However, your wife being on ILR absent from the UK for more than two years would potentially create problem.
This thread is from 2011, am sure they have resolved the issue by now.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.